Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Axle-back exhaust. I've got the Roush on my 2011 GT and it sounds incredible. It doesn't add much as far as horsepower, but it makes the car sound like a true muscle-car, as it should.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lizzy.mo1974 said:
I want to give my 5.0 a muscle car throaty rumble when it idles. Anyone have any suggestions :)?
I really like how my Ford Racing GT500 axle backs sound - wonderful muscle car sound at idle and at low rpms, then sounds like a beast when you open it up. Recommended.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Lizzy.mo1974 said:
I want to give my 5.0 a muscle car throaty rumble when it idles. Anyone have any suggestions :)?
Take your exhaust off and just leave your over the axle pipes.

WARNING: your ears may bleed, your neighbors may hate you and your wife may be embarrass to ride with you.
BUT it will rumble like crazyyy lol

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
McQueen said:
Take your exhaust off and just leave your over the axle pipes.

WARNING: your ears may bleed, your neighbors may hate you and your wife may be embarrass to ride with you.
BUT it will rumble like crazyyy lol
You're talking to a girl, statistically speaking she probably doesn't have a wife lol, but good examples nonetheless lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
You're talking to a girl, statistically speaking she probably doesn't have a wife lol, but good examples nonetheless lol
Hey now...she is a woman!

·
Registered
598 Posts
All the above examples are some of the more popular options. I have the Roush myself & love it. Everyone's taste is different, so there's no right answer. I would suggest hooking up with the local Mustang crowd & listen to their cars so you can hear in person what the different options sound like. YouTube is a nice starter, but none of those really gets the true feel of the sound.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Baldeagle may have answered the question I was gonna ask when I logged in. How do I justify spending that much for Borla when I could be just as happy with Roush or FRPP?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lizzy.mo1974 said:
Get the Magna flow comp series!! They kick ass out of Roush, or borla!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If u want an extremely aggressive throaty sound go with the flowmaster outlaws or roush axleback
It will turn heads for sure
I have the flowmasters and i am in love with em :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts