Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 5.0 with Auto trans and 3.15 gears. I loaded an SCT tune to my car and if your cruising at a stable speed and stomp on the throttle it seems like the motor shuts down all power and the speedo goes to zero. Thought this might just be the tune so I got a Lund tune and same result any info?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I have a 2012 5.0 with Auto trans and 3.15 gears. I loaded an SCT tune to my car and if your cruising at a stable speed and stomp on the throttle it seems like the motor shuts down all power and the speedo goes to zero. Thought this might just be the tune so I got a Lund tune and same result any info?
Who did you get your initial tune from? Have you gone through the SCT tuner firmware update?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Contact SCT for help. It may be a mis-match between throttle position and throttle command. When you call SCT, ask them to send you LiveLinkII. Use your laptop (Windows) to capture data during the problem. Have them setup a configuration file to capture the needed data to diagnose the problem. Good luck and have patience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buretreyn said:
Are there're any other mods on the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What happens when you revert back to stock?
My EX took the stock intake so I cant put it back till I get a new one . I just ordered a stock intake to put on and I hope the problem goes away.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Are there're any other mods on the car?
Right now just a JLT intake.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Buretreyn said:
My EX took the stock intake so I cant put it back till I get a new one . I just ordered a stock intake to put on and I hope the problem goes away.
Your EX took your stock intake? Somehow that doesnt sound like it was via a settlement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Jlt intake as well. First off make sure all the band clamps are tight and the air filter is mounted properly. For some reason the air filter sits weird on these things. But most importantly check if the air flow sensor is installed and fitted correctly. I know this sounds a little simple but Unmetered air on this new 5.0 causes very strange problems. At wot cars switch to open loop which is the same mode it is in during a cold start. This puts extra duty on the air flow meter being the o2 sensors are technically shut off during open loop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts