Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I really want to get new wheels and I am trying to figure out how to afford it.

I have a 2012 GT that came with 19" wheels and the Pirelli tires which now have about 15k miles on them.

My questions are:

How desireable are these used wheels and tires? Will they be a tough sell?

Also, what do you think is a fair price for them. They are in like new condition with maybe some minor wear.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well I've got a set of used Chip Foose chrome rims that I've been trying to sell since August. It's hard to say if there's any interest in the wheels your trying to sell.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i siold those exact same rims and tires for 600.00, and they were new

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im asking $1500.00 OBO and buyer pays for shipping. I saw that these Chip Foose rims are like $380.00 brand new. The tires are around $ 300.00 also. I think $1500.00 is a fair price. They do have some curb rash thats why I'm not asking more for them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah it's rims and tires for $1500.00 I've even posted them on craigslist and a couple other mustang forums and gotten little interest. I'll probably post them here too and see what kind of response I'll get.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can buy brand new take offs for that with 0 miles.
Yeah, I meant with tires but, I am coming to the realization that you have to sell them cheap to sell them at all.

Also, I caught a curb the other day and have about a .5" curb rash on one of the rims now so, that isn't going to help things either.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yeah, I meant with tires but, I am coming to the realization that you have to sell them cheap to sell them at all.

Also, I caught a curb the other day and have about a .5" curb rash on one of the rims now so, that isn't going to help things either.
Might as well keep them and put some all seasons on them for winter... Then for your new rims, you can have some super grippy ultra high performance summer tires!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I live in Texas. Winter only lasts a couple days here. :)
Yeah I know... What part?

It's been. Below 50 for most of 2 months in Houston... And the last. Month in the 40s as a high. My summer tires did not like these temps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I know... What part?

It's been. Below 50 for most of 2 months in Houston... And the last. Month in the 40s as a high. My summer tires did not like these temps.
I'm in Dallas. I haven't noticed any problems with the temps and my tires. I ran summer tires on my last car as well and never had any problems. Even drove in the ice.

Of course, I am an old man and pretty much drive like one as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts