Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer wants $267 for the stock brace ! I have seen a few after market ones but like the OEM one better. Anyone have a lead on one less expensive ?
Thanks>>

·
Registered
903 Posts
Just wondering...? What happen to the one that came on your car?

·
Registered
702 Posts
smokeater1 said:
My dealer wants $267 for the stock brace ! I have seen a few after market ones but like the OEM one better. Anyone have a lead on one less expensive ?
Thanks>>
Yeah I'm selling my stock brace for 160$ plus shipping

·
Registered
702 Posts
smokeater1 said:
My GT has 18" wheels. Only the 19 and 20" options came with the brace.
Have a friend that bought a base 2012 GT and he had a strut tower brace. Did u buy brand new or used?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New car, took delivery first week of AUG. I asked about the brace when I ordered the car, was told N/A from the factory with 18" wheels.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah this makes since.One thing about the mustang there is just tons of options and such when buying.But one way or the other everybody pays for the options.

·
Registered
702 Posts
smokeater1 said:
New car, took delivery first week of AUG. I asked about the brace when I ordered the car, was told N/A from the factory with 18" wheels.
Well pm me if ur interested in buying my oem strut tower brace.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I picked this up from Steeda $200 shipped its raised so it will work when I install the Boss intake. Besides, I like this one better then stock. It looks raw! Lol

image-1581352273.png

Check with Chris at AmericanMuscle maybe he can get it cheaper.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Holy cow they sell for that much? In that case, I have one for sale as well (doesn't clear my boss intake manifold).
Ugh! You're killing me man! I need that Boss intake!!! Lol

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
primer2tone said:
Ugh! You're killing me man! I need that Boss intake!!! Lol
If I wasn't on my phone id post a pic of it. You really should get one, just keep in mind that you need a compatible cai or the way overpriced install kit to reuse your stock airbox.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Holy cow they sell for that much? In that case, I have one for sale as well (doesn't clear my boss intake manifold).
The dealer charges over 250$ for one! At 160$ the oem is great deal for those that don't have it and want one. I'm still on the fence about getting the strut tower brace for the boss mani. My be if I sell the oem brace I will get one.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah, I'm saving... I want the Steeda CAI, Boss intake and custom tune all together. It's hella expensive. I gotta get Christmas outa the way. I gonna take care of my kids first then my car gets spoiled! Hmmm??? Would it be wrong to have a couple of gifts under the tree from Santa to my pony? Lol

·
Registered
702 Posts
primer2tone said:
Yeah, I'm saving... I want the Steeda CAI, Boss intake and custom tune all together. It's hella expensive. I gotta get Christmas outa the way. I gonna take care of my kids first then my car gets spoiled! Hmmm??? Would it be wrong to have a couple of gifts under the tree from Santa to my pony? Lol
I picked up my boss mani for 390$ and my JLT cai and tuner with free tunes from steeda for 575$. tousely ford for the boss mani and stage3motorsports for the cai and tuner.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah, that's about what I was expecting to pay. I can install it myself but I've gotta play the waiting game for one more month.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts