Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The dealer took care of it under warranty. Left the tune in and had no issue. Thank goodness!

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
^ So, was it the pump?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^ So, was it the pump?
The hose going from the thermostat housing to the degass bottle (overflow tank) causes air to get into the system. This causes the pump to fail. The fix is installing a new hose with a check valve and replacing the pump.

Jeremy

·
Registered
425 Posts
So all of us without check valves in that hose will have their water pumps fail? I checked mine and there is none. I am thinking about replacing the hose BEFORE the pump fails. It's $50 shipped but it is cheaper than a pump AND a hose. Did you get a part number on that hose so I can double check it?

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
^ Good thinking.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So all of us without check valves in that hose will have their water pumps fail? I checked mine and there is none. I am thinking about replacing the hose BEFORE the pump fails. It's $50 shipped but it is cheaper than a pump AND a hose. Did you get a part number on that hose so I can double check it?
Here are the parts the dealer used.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here is the new hose on my car. I circled the check valve. It just looks like a type of hose clamp.

Jeremy

·
Registered
425 Posts
ER3Z-8276-A | OVERFLOW HOSE | OEM Ford Parts

if you google that p/n it takes you to hose...idk about if it has check valve.

Ponnie, can you do a visual? glad your dealer hooked you up!

thx guys (this forum rocks)

I'm thinking as are others of a preemptive strike.
Strangely that is not the hose that runs to the thermostat housing and has the backflow valve.
According to the diagram it is part #BR3Z8075B and looks like this...

I have no idea why the part numbers are mixed up but that has to be the most expensive foot long hose in history. List is $73?

BR3Z-8075-B*RESERVOIR HOSE for 2012 Ford Mustang

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Strangely that is not the hose that runs to the thermostat housing and has the backflow valve.
According to the diagram it is part #BR3Z8075B and looks like this...

I have no idea why the part numbers are mixed up but that has to be the most expensive foot long hose in history. List is $73?

BR3Z-8075-B*RESERVOIR HOSE for 2012 Ford Mustang
You have the wrong part number according to what was replaced on my car.

Jeremy

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know it is a different part number but here is a another pic of the part they call BR3Z8075B.
It looks identical to the picture you posted. I have no idea why the numbers are different. To confuse us I guess. Notice the backflow valve in the pic.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So which one is the real part and its number? Lol, I'm getting this replaced before anything happens

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I know it is a different part number but here is a another pic of the part they call BR3Z8075B.
It looks identical to the picture you posted. I have no idea why the numbers are different. To confuse us I guess. Notice the backflow valve in the pic.

Probably lol. All I can say is look at the dealer work order picture that I posted. That shows the exact part numbers that were put on my car for this issue.

So which one is the real part and its number? Lol, I'm getting this replaced before anything happens

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Please see my comment above.

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts

That's definitely not the part on the OP's car, though. Notice the braided sleeve in your pic that's not in the OP's pic.

I should check to see if my car has the "upgraded" hose...don't need a water pump crapout!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That's definitely not the part on the OP's car, though. Notice the braided sleeve in your pic that's not in the OP's pic.

I should check to see if my car has the "upgraded" hose...don't need a water pump crapout!
Definitely check what's on your car! You don't wanna have this worry. I was freaking out a bit when I found the leak. My dealer could easily have turned me away from covering this repair. Thank goodness they didn't!

Jeremy

·
Registered
425 Posts

I would be surprised if many of us have the hose with the backflow valve installed at the factory. The TSB effects all 3.7's from 2011-14.
You are right there is no sleeve on the hose that ponie got but the hose is the same and has the backflow valve. I believe Ford has the part numbers for the 2 hoses switched in their online database. If you search the part # on ponie's invoice it looks totally different and is in the wrong place on the diagram.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Checked last night, and no check-valve in my factory hose! Time for an upgrade...are we collectively sure of the part number?

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Iguana's number is the other hose that goes to the expansion tank....my early 2012 build does NOT have the check valve.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Iguana's number is the other hose that goes to the expansion tank....my early 2012 build does NOT have the check valve.
I certainly wish you were right since there is a $30 difference in the price of the 2 hoses, but if you look at the diagrams the one I posted is correct. I also can't see how the hose with the backflow valve would be the cheaper one. Look at the pic below. Is the hose in question #12 or #13? The part # on ponies invoice is for #13 in the diagram.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts