Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

I have a 2012 with the Premium Radio and it is long in the tooth. I have the back up camera, etc .. It is time to replace it. I would like to have a touch screen like I have in the F150 or the CRV with Apple Carplay.

If you have replaced your radios, could you show a picture and the model radio?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
11 Posts
I went through this roughly 4 years ago. I have a 2008 Mustang Convertible GT/CS. The original owner had so many accessories I had difficulty degerming if I had a premium or deluxe; it's a deluxe. My car has the navigation system and had the 8 CD player. The CD player wouldn't play, and the navigation screen had seen its better days. Researching the 2005 through 08's I found very few Mustangs with the navigation system.

I begin looking for a new radio, CD, Navigation system and settled on the Kenwood radio and CD player. I opted for the Garmin Navigation system. (There's plenty of good systems out there) Since, my car is a convertible, one mistake I made was I should have gotten the two-position screen offered to help with the glare. (Maybe only a convertible issue.) The other mistake, I should have gotten a radio with a volume knob, very difficult to hit the volume buttons while driving. The system came with several things I wasn't looking for. A telephone system (A waste when you have a Iphone) and such as Garmin tells you your elevation, if you're exceeding the posted speed, etc.

My car did not have a backup camera, but I had one installed at the same time.

Hope, this is some help.
Plant Automotive design Gadget Vehicle Audio equipment
Audio equipment Gadget Gas Technology Display device

1 - 2 of 2 Posts