Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received MYFORD magazine, and it had the front page cover with a Shelby '13 GT500 picture, and the Legend "GERMAN CONQUEST, The 2013 Shelby GT500 masters the Autobahn". Immediately I said, "at last they did it" and hurried to open my magazine to see if they took the car to Nurburgring for some hot lap times. NO!. It was just a boring tale on how someone just drove on a rainy day on the autobahn.
I don't understand why FORD, (compared to GM that they do it), NEVER timed laped the Shelby GT500, BOSS or the GT in Nurburgring, to show the world that the Mustangs are very capable cars that can compete with other european-asian sport cars on that difficult track. Come on FORD show some [email protected]#%&!:banghead:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
They did a lot of Developemental work on the 2013 at Nurnburgring, and the Heidelberg Track in Germany. I used to go up to run laps in my 08. It was a big story over thier being that I was in Stuttgart the Euro Car Capital home to (AMG/M3/IS5/Porsche Turbo). My Neigbor worked as an engineer for the AMG branch and he would always ask me about my car. Every IS wanted to race me too, kinda crazy. SO the addtion of the 2013 GT500 just blew up the hype behind the mustang and added to the ledgend that currently exist.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Today I received MYFORD magazine, and it had the front page cover with a Shelby '13 GT500 picture, and the Legend "GERMAN CONQUEST, The 2013 Shelby GT500 masters the Autobahn". Immediately I said, "at last they did it" and hurried to open my magazine to see if they took the car to Nurburgring for some hot lap times. NO!. It was just a boring tale on how someone just drove on a rainy day on the autobahn.
I don't understand why FORD, (compared to GM that they do it), NEVER timed laped the Shelby GT500, BOSS or the GT in Nurburgring, to show the world that the Mustangs are very capable cars that can compete with other european-asian sport cars on that difficult track. Come on FORD show some [email protected]#%&!:banghead:
Beleive me, they tested the 11-13+ for since 2010. I spent many days out on the ring watching laps of alot of cars. The GT/GT500 had a lot of run, but the Boss Package to my knowledge never ran over there. The sessions were closed, but all the spy cars are there from the industries best. You see them coming and going. In Nurnberg (Different city than the Nurnburgring) they had a lot of drifting tracks. I just wish I would have recived my 13 before I left Germany this year, becasue I was killing car's daily with a basic tune, BBK TB,CAI and Xpipe+headers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know of any lap time posted by those test Mustangs at Nurburgring green hell?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts