Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, I bought this car off of someone. MT82 trans. Will not shift after 4000rpm, hard to get into gear. I jacked the car up, put trans mount in and screws were missing in the shift bracket above axle. I put screws in and tightened it back down. The shifts are a lot better but still can鈥檛 shift past 4000rpm but now the car is worse than before and has terrible vibrations In neutral and in gear above 1500rpm. The car only has 24,000 miles on it, is a 2012 v6. Car is over 500 hp at the flywheel. I鈥檓 not sure how much he beat on it while he owned it, but I want to figure the problem out so I can beat on it too 馃槅

Registered
I'm no expert :(. I would be checking the motor mounts and the transmission mounts :)

Edit: When a ProCharger is installed, holes have to be drilled in the crankshaft pulley. Maybe it has come loose or the dowel holes weren't drilled deep enough, not letting the crankshaft pulley sit flush. If this makes any sense.............

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes and no I will look into that. I鈥檝e read pretty much read the whole pro charger install I don鈥檛 remember seeing anything about drilling wholes but maybe I skipped that part lol I will check into it . I was wondering if it was motor mounts. It was not vibrating before I put the trans mount insert in and tighten the shifter bracket back up. Everytime I hit a bump it was scraping the driveshaft. I was driving and my wife wrote the post for me she wrote axle 馃槀 . Thanks for the response

Registered
The drilling of the dowel holes is my main fear, if I were to put a ProCharger on my v6.

I don't let my wife see anything on my Mustang Forums I'm a member of. Sometimes I say bad things about her :whistle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts