Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i was thinking of getting a tuner for the new steed. Got about 1,500 miles A/T now. It hauls ass but missing that little well yall know! Any thoughts on tuners and what tune? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I have a 2011 v6 auto and a month ago I purchased a bama sct tuner from American Musscle online for 379.00 dollars . I currently have loaded a 91 performance tune. Dude, it f ing rocks. The best $ 379.00 spent. Huge difference. The tune makes all the difference. It transforms your pony into a stallion.
I was leery about it when I was reading up on it. I finnaly decided to pull the trigger and buy one. So worth it. The stang pulls way harder. No more delay from the throttle when you juice it and give it go baby. No more speed rev limit. 145 is gonna happen on open road. No more skipping over gears when accelerating slowly. Dude, so worth it. If you lived near me, I would tune your pony up for free just to show you how sweet it is.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Im getting 30 mph highway still. Around 24 to 25 non highway. Ill admit now with the tune i find myself going deeper down on the peddle to feel the stallion take off. I can't help myself. Lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice. Im getting around 20_22 avg thats why i was worried. Tuning the car makes you loose the warranty though doesnt it?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
I have a 2011 v6 auto and a month ago I purchased a bama sct tuner from American Musscle online for 379.00 dollars . I currently have loaded a 91 performance tune. Dude, it f ing rocks. The best $ 379.00 spent. Huge difference. The tune makes all the difference. It transforms your pony into a stallion.
I was leery about it when I was reading up on it. I finnaly decided to pull the trigger and buy one. So worth it. The stang pulls way harder. No more delay from the throttle when you juice it and give it go baby. No more speed rev limit. 145 is gonna happen on open road. No more skipping over gears when accelerating slowly. Dude, so worth it. If you lived near me, I would tune your pony up for free just to show you how sweet it is.
You can't use a tuner from one car on another without unlocking it. A practice our forums main sponsor would not like... The bama tunes are great. Can't wait for my Mach 1 tune.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I have no clue about tuning another car. It was just a friendly jester. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Love the tuner

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Pstang5 said:
Nice. Im getting around 20_22 avg thats why i was worried. Tuning the car makes you loose the warranty though doesnt it?
Yes, but my understanding of that is if the dealer can show proof the issue was caused as a direct result of the Tune. If not, I think you have a case against them and they should fix the warranty issue. I called American Musscle and asked them. They guarantee and stand behind there product will not cause issues with your engine and other parts. They told me if a dealer wont fix the issue with your warranty work because the dealer claims the damage was caused by the tune then American Musscle will pay to fix the problem. So they told me when I asked them the same question as you gave about voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It is nothing for a dealer to have probable cause that a tuner caused an engine malfunction. The reason is that everything is controlled by the computer. By going in and changing the factory "Safe" tune, it's easy for them to say that a combination of change to the timing, fuel load, shift points, air monitoring ALL led to the failure. If you engine fails after a tune, regardless of what caused it, they can and most likely void your warranty, which can and will most likely include the entire power train (motor, trans, rearend).

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
aegischief said:
It is nothing for a dealer to have probable cause that a tuner caused an engine malfunction. The reason is that everything is controlled by the computer. By going in and changing the factory "Safe" tune, it's easy for them to say that a combination of change to the timing, fuel load, shift points, air monitoring ALL led to the failure. If you engine fails after a tune, regardless of what caused it, they can and most likely void your warranty, which can and will most likely include the entire power train (motor, trans, rearend).
Yeah and its bs... how is the rear end affected by the tune lol? I guess it may shift harder
... total bs.

·
Registered
492 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Yeah and its bs... how is the rear end affected by the tune lol? I guess it may shift harder
... total bs.
I agree totally. They find any excuse to void warranties. I had a jeep dealer try an tell me that they wouldn't cover the navigation system in my wrangler cause there was dried up mud on the under-carriage therefore I was off roading and made a wire come loose. There argument was toasted when I showed them the factory brochure of a jeep offroading.
Unless your dealer is an authorized FRPP dealer, we ain't gonna get to much leeway, and even then it ain't much.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Anytime, glad I could help. Reality you could have an issue with your dealership when it comes to warranty work if you use a tuner on the car. For me I'm glad I got to tuner and my car is just a year old. With that said hopefully I will not have any engine failures during the warranty or even long after that.

If there is an issue and the dealership will not take care of the problem that I will be calling american muscle for help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
DaBluedude said:
You can't use a tuner from one car on another without unlocking it. A practice our forums main sponsor would not like... The bama tunes are great. Can't wait for my Mach 1 tune.
Which mach 1 tune? For v6?

·
Registered
73 Posts
So how exactly do you tune a car or how does it work? I dont understand what is meant by 91 &96 tunes. Im new to this jaja.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pstang5 said:
So how exactly do you tune a car or how does it work? I dont understand what is meant by 91 &96 tunes. Im new to this jaja.
I did some googling and found some good info just type how to tune a mustang and read up. Lots of gains to be had but your risking your warranty, sucks...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Pstang5 said:
91 and 93 refer to the octane rating in your gas. You can tune a car by adjusting the air/fuel maps and a wholr bunch of other parameters. Tunes also sharpen up throttle reaponse a lot and that is largely what people feel. A good tune will go a long wayd to optimising everything. Stock tunes leave a lot on the table.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts