Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that the 2013 GT has a few more horses then the 2012's. Not sure I understand why. Same engine no?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Bump. I've been wondering where the 8 extra horses came from

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If I read correctly, it's been some time ago, the skirting on the pistons are different due to the removal of the oil squirters. With the redesign of the piston they were able to shed some weight, thus resulting in less parasitic drag in the bottom end and freeing up a few ponies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,055 Posts
^ this and some tweaks to the tune, which they do regularly anyway.

I defy anyone to repeatedly instrument significant improvement, though, as it's well within any margin of error in measuring equipment.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I read correctly, it's been some time ago, the skirting on the pistons are different due to the removal of the oil squirters. With the redesign of the piston they were able to shed some weight, thus resulting in less parasitic drag in the bottom end and freeing up a few ponies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, boss technology that was adapted by the new 5.0

·
Tech Expert
3,055 Posts
Yep, 'cept they left out all the Boss stuff that matters, like the improved cylinder head flow, differences in cam events, the adjusted VVT settings, the intake manifold and the raised RPM limits. :(

·
Banned
41 Posts
Are you all saying that the internels are different on 13 gt then a 12 gt ? That's not true, they did the sane **** Chevy did with the v6 camaro , they just up the hp rating.

·
Tech Expert
3,055 Posts
Are you all saying that the internels are different on 13 gt then a 12 gt ? That's not true, they did the sane **** Chevy did with the v6 camaro , they just up the hp rating.
man, this site is just loaded with fail, everyday. The pistons are different, some, not all of the blocks have the squirters removed.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
Have you seen the 12 pistons or the 13 pistons? Maybe you should take a look and you'll see the difference, I assure you they are not the same

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Have you seen the 12 pistons or the 13 pistons? Maybe you should take a look and you'll see the difference, I assure you they are not the same
His occupation says he's a male stripper, so depending on what type of strip club he works at, he might see 12-13 pistons every shift.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts