Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i paint these rims, i could resell it them later, im not getting rims till next summer if i dont some for a good price
Gun metal is my choice or maybe black im not sure
Im doing it myself so its just paint cost

ForumRunner_20121114_020050.png

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
There's a guy in town who has the same '13 wheels. He Plasti dipped them and since its such a big surface, they look dirty all the time.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
primer2tone said:
There's a guy in town who has the same '13 wheels. He Plasti dipped them and since its such a big surface, they look dirty all the time.
Im not dipping them, i dont like the texture

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
primer2tone said:
Personally, I would leave them as they are. Just save up and get some wheels you want.
I just thought painting them with some free paint i got here stored would relieve me till then, amd MAYBE HAVE A BETTET RESALE VALUE? LOL

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I guess it depends on how good of a job the paint is? I know most rims that get a rattle can paint job get messed up buy tire installers, if you should ever have a flat repaired.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use to paint cars back in high school, im not rich and had to fix up my old whip before the 5.0, im sure i can do a pretty good job, ill talk to my uncle, he can give me the best advice

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I prefer a simpler look, I think for the most part, OEM looks better than after market. I have the 13 GT rims, and although I like the 12s better, I think they look great by themselves.

My stock 17s are getting plasti dipped soon, because they look like junk, in my opinion. No disrespect intended, just voicing the view.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
OzzyLiriano said:
I use to paint cars back in high school, im not rich and had to fix up my old whip before the 5.0, im sure i can do a pretty good job, ill talk to my uncle, he can give me the best advice
Hell if you've got the know how then do it. I like Black on Black but it's everywhere now a days. Gunmetal would be different.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
primer2tone said:
Hell if you've got the know how then do it. I like Black on Black but it's everywhere now a days. Gunmetal would be different.
Yeah its almost keeping the same color just taking off that silver, its a very ugly color idk why they dont come chrome like srts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd say just dip em, that way if you dont like it you can just peel it off.

I dipped my stock wheels on my 09 and thought they looked badass at first, but then they started look extremely tacky.

Im going to dip my 13' base GT wheels this weekend with grey and see how it looks, ill post pics as well

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hastethedav said:

I dipped my stock wheels on my 09 and thought they looked badass at first, but then they started look extremely tacky.

Im going to dip my 13' base GT wheels this weekend with grey and see how it looks, ill post pics as well
Yesss please do so

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hastethedav said:

I found gun metal ima do that color, how.many coats should i put?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found gun metal ima do that color, how.many coats should i put?
i'd do quite a few, and make sure you dont go thin on it, taking the plastidip off was alot harder in areas where I didnt do a nice thick few coats. I will probably also look at the gun metal this week/weekend -have a black 2013 so should be similar! haha

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hastethedav said:
i'd do quite a few, and make sure you dont go thin on it, taking the plastidip off was alot harder in areas where I didnt do a nice thick few coats. I will probably also look at the gun metal this week/weekend -have a black 2013 so should be similar! haha
Oh so were going to be twinsss, how gay! Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts