Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

I can only take a wild guess. It looks like some type of safety equipment activation (Think fire suppression or Hard Fuel Shutoff).

My guess is that this car has seen some serious track use.

Lets ask a Tech-Expert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

I can only take a wild guess. It looks like some type of safety equipment activation (Think fire suppression or Hard Fuel Shutoff).

My guess is that this car has seen some serious track use.

Lets ask a Tech-Expert
Thank you for your reply. It has 41k miles. Should the fact that it’s probably seen quite a bit of track time discourage me from considering it at $34,000 or are those roadrunner motors built to handle that type of thing? Thanks so much for the advice. I would be using the car as a everyday commuter. Probably 10-12k mikes per year. Thing is I can find 2018 Gts in that price range

·
Tech-Advisor
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,082 Posts
Yup, I agree with the points here, probably fire suppression. Nothing harder on a car than road racing so, inspect thoroughly and carefully.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Man, I would be very wary of hard track miles. I can tell you after driving my 13boss for 4 years now, they are pretty terrible dailys. Amazing car, but totally made for track. My mt82 is a pain (royal purple and short shifter helps a bit, but not much). Mileage dailying around town for me is about 10mpg. If my car wasnt 1 of 724 bosses, id go for an 18 auto gt in a heartbeat. The bosses are a great investment though, grabbed mine for $29k in 2018, they're already appreciating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts