Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that the Brembo package comes with GT500 LCAs. Can someone please confirm and demonstrate with evidence that it does? Either way, I get poor traction with the stock 3.31 and plan to go 4.10 in the spring. If at this time I have GT500... one, they don't perform well, two what upgrade would be best for the money as there are many options out there? Keep in mind I have a DD, don't plan on doing a supper charger or turbo, might track, will do a cold air intake and tune when gear is done, but want a solid 0-60 time.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
3.73 is more than enough. We have gt500 bushing in the lca. What 0-60 are u getting right now on the track app?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I have read that the Brembo package comes with GT500 LCAs. Can someone please confirm and demonstrate with evidence that it does? Either way, I get poor traction with the stock 3.31 and plan to go 4.10 in the spring. If at this time I have GT500... one, they don't perform well, two what upgrade would be best for the money as there are many options out there? Keep in mind I have a DD, don't plan on doing a supper charger or turbo, might track, will do a cold air intake and tune when gear is done, but want a solid 0-60 time.
Did the brembo gts start coming with gears other than 3.73 in 2013?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan to lower later for sure and understand it helps beyond the look, but also have heard the Bembo pack has other extras such as LCAs and stiffer springs... Etc. but just thought I would ask. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Track pack has the GT500 LCAs, according to the Ford Racing pdf catalog. They are visually the same, i looked myself. The standard GT LCAs are black and the track pack ones are silver.

I'm not sure if Brembo package has the same upgrades.

Edit: From the Catalog

CONTROL ARM UPGRADE KIT
M-5538-A Fits 2005-2013 Mustang GT and V6
• Standard equipment on 2007-2013 Shelby GT500,
2013 Mustang with Track Pack, and 2011-2013
Mustang GT with manual transmission
• Increased bushing durometer and
stiffness for higher
horsepower applications
• For race applications see
tubular control arm kits
M-5649-S or M-5649-R1

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
4.10's will be a big mistake. I would rethink it.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
How big of a tire would he need to stay in 4th?
Something around 29".:p:
The most common tire used is a 275/60-15 which is 28" tall. Not many choices in a 29".

For the track with the manual, the best gear would actually be a 3.90 with a 28" tire. Because the 3.90 gear is made by Motive and not Ford most don't want to use it.

For an auto a 3.31 gear with a 28" tire is the ticket.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Overall, going from a 3.31 to 4.10 is 200-550 rpm difference. If I'm going to put in a gear, I need to make it count and also set me apart from the 3.73 I missed out on with the tack pack. I will need larger tires! That's for another tread and has been talked to death. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Something around 29".:p:
The most common tire used is a 275/60-15 which is 28" tall. Not many choices in a 29".

For the track with the manual, the best gear would actually be a 3.90 with a 28" tire. Because the 3.90 gear is made by Motive and not Ford most don't want to use it.

For an auto a 3.31 gear with a 28" tire is the ticket.
I have 3.15, so 3.31 is the ideal gear? What about stock 315 tires which is what im putting on my rims, stay 3.15 or go 3.31

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Overall, going from a 3.31 to 4.10 is 200-550 rpm difference. If I'm going to put in a gear, I need to make it count and also set me apart from the 3.73 I missed out on with the tack pack. I will need larger tires! That's for another tread and has been talked to death. Thanks for the input.
Do what u want because it is your car but this weekend i went to the track and one of the guys ended up going back to 3.73 from 4.10, he has a track pack just like mine.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have 3.15, so 3.31 is the ideal gear? What about stock 315 tires which is what im putting on my rims, stay 3.15 or go 3.31
Autos ideal gear is a 3.31 with a torque convertor.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Do what u want because it is your car but this weekend i went to the track and one of the guys ended up going back to 3.73 from 4.10, he has a track pack just like mine.
I could see if you only drove it on the streets how 4.10 would be nice but a good track course or drag strip and I'd rather have 3.73 myself.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
However, BBP does have all the other track pack stuff bar the oil cooler, torsen, slightly bigger rad and grippier brake pads.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts