Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the 2013 Mustang GT 6MT with 3600 miles on it. Has anyone had a fog lamp burn out yet. My neighbor informed me that my drivers side fog lamp was out and sure enough it was.
Has Anyone else had this happen and if so did Ford replace it under Warrantee and did they have the lamp in stock or you had to wait for it to be ordered.

I never replaced a fog lamp on my BMW in 13 years, but everything else you could possibly think of has broken down on that money pit. 13 grand in the last two years alone.Think I should sell the pig.

Thank Guys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Check the plug/connection behind the grill, that could have come loose. The fog lights on the 13 are LEDs. I don't see how we could replace just the LED. I'm thinking we have to replace the whole thing. Warranty should cover it with that little millage. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also have a 2013 gt prem, the same fog light on mine went out. My dealership replace it at no cost to me. Mine went out at 4500 miles 4 months old at the time. It did take a few days to replace it, they didn't have in stock because mine was the first one that they had seen go out. Repair work took a couple days also, the whole front bumper and grill work had to be taken off. It cost them 1,100.00 nothing to me. That has been the only problem that I've had with my mustang, love my car.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I also have a 2013 gt prem, the same fog light on mine went out. My dealership replace it at no cost to me. Mine went out at 4500 miles 4 months old at the time. It did take a few days to replace it, they didn't have in stock because mine was the first one that they had seen go out. Repair work took a couple days also, the whole front bumper and grill work had to be taken off. It cost them 1,100.00 nothing to me. That has been the only problem that I've had with my mustang, love my car.
I can tell you for a fact that the entire bumper does not need to be removed to replace a fog light. They were just jacking up the labor that they billed to Ford since it was warranty work.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I can take my entire bumper off in 15 mins if that. If I can do it that fast so can ford techs.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
I can take my entire bumper off in 15 mins if that. If I can do it that fast so can ford techs.
Haha you give them too much credit. You'd be surprised how little many ford techs know about cars. There are some really good techs and I mean no disrespect to them, but on the flip side there are just as many, if not more that know very little about cars

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Haha you give them too much credit. You'd be surprised how little many ford techs know about cars. There are some really good techs and I mean no disrespect to them, but on the flip side there are just as many, if not more that know very little about cars
Techs are like doctors, some of them don't have a clue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Fog Light malfunction

Hey Mustang owners and fans, Yeah, I will certainly keep in touch with the outcome of the fog light repair and warrantee. I am trying to coincide the service visit with my first 5000 mile service. The service advisor told me last time to absolutely wait for the first 5000 miles before bring her in for the first oil change and service.

The Last time I had a problem, I walked to my car and found my passenger side pony puddle lamp fell out of it socket hanging by its two wires and could not be re-installed do to a tiny broken retainer clip. Obviously to me it was a defective lamp module where the very teeny, tiny and hair thin clip broke off. Could have been cracked or whatever on installation at the factory, who knows. Believe me, the service advisor and tech were out there checking to see if I was in an accident or the mirror was hit. I just paid $42 thousand for a GT. A few months later, parts start falling off . Should I pay for it. I don't know.

They very politely and professionally gave me a hard time at first, but eventually called me on my phone two days later and told me that the part was in and since I purchased the car at their dealership they would honor the warrantee and eat the cost even if Ford reneges on it. The OEM lamp part is $99.00. I first went to the parts dept to price it and then complained to the service dept about it. If it was $30 - $40 bucks, I would have probably sucked it up and just bought the thing and plugged it in and snapped back in place.
What the heck are they talking about! The poorly designed lamp assembly broke and fell out of it's compartment. Warrantee, Fix it Please. Thank You!!

I have one more for you guys. Now that it is cold outside, my center console compartment door does not open when you push the plastic immitation chrome button down. I have to open the cup holder door and pull up on the console door to get it open. I guarantee, they will never duplicate that problem after it's brought into the warm service dept garage. Oh, what the heck! Now I am nitpicking, right!!
Oh, I love my car more than words could describe. Today it killed me, but I had to turn over my keys to a parking garage attendant in Manhattan.

I used their bathroom and upon exiting there was a lady and another customer and the parking attendant walking around and admiring and asking me questions about my car and how beautiful it was. This is a daily occurence. Enjoy your Mustangs Ya'll. I am enjoying mine to the max. My seventh brand new automobile and my all time favorite. I still get goose bumps. It's like having a new puppy dog. You get so much attention and compliments. It never ends no matter where you go.
Now all I need is the girls. Well I guess when they see me, they come to their senses!!!! HA! That wasn't funny, ya'll!!
Long story, I hope it was of interest to some.

Later, Ladies and Gentleman,

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Time to go to a different dealership.
+1

Very hit and miss....

The two dealerships/service departments near me are slimy bastards.

I won't deal with them anymore unless I have to... Do my own services now.

They don't care if you buy a $50k car or 10k car... I tried to explain that as I walked out never to step back in at one of them.

Hope you can find someone that works with you.

What they forget is bad service experiences (warranty or paid work) WILL prevent most reasonable people from dealing with those locations. Not rocket science.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts