Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
In the end it's a V6 and you're expecting miracles from it. Gears are not the mod most think they are. I ran low 11's with 3.15's with just a few bolt ons although that was in a 5.0.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It must be your tune. Order you an MPT tune. You will still have to do adjustments when you load it to your Mustang. Tire revolutions per mile, rear gear ratio and if you look you will see the top speed will be set at 125 mph. I turn mine 'OFF' :). That is the way my 5+ year old MPT tune is...…….

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In the end it's a V6 and you're expecting miracles from it. Gears are not the mod most think they are. I ran low 11's with 3.15's with just a few bolt ons although that was in a 5.0.
Yes I'm expecting 305HP to get up the road quicker than a 185HP Honda Civic or Hyandai Santa Fe. I don't like seeing a 4 cylinder SUV starting with ease and I hear my v6 mustang engine giving me the illusion of roaring as if it is already at 80mph lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
It must be your tune. Order you an MPT tune. You will still have to do adjustments when you load it to your Mustang. Tire revolutions per mile, rear gear ratio and if you look you will see the top speed will be set at 125 mph. I turn mine 'OFF' :). That is the way my 5+ year old MPT tune is...…….
I'm going to look in to the MPT since so many seem to recommend them. I don't like the idea of laying out more money after a tuner with free tunes and gears but I want to finish this job and do it right and enjoy my last 2 years with this car. This bama tune is not only not that quick but its a rough shift on my auto too. I want the thing to be like butter. My wife hates the jolt out of 3rd gear and I'm not fond of it either. As for your recommendations on settings. I'm not even sure where to adjust those things or if i'd be doing it right. Like I said I'm new to this world of customization and I'm not surrounded by car guys here in suburban NY. Everyone around here leases BMW's and Lexus's and don't know anything about cars.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you tranny is too harsh shifting, load the Bama street tune instead of the race tune. That's what I have been using and it is smooth as can be after driving it a few hours. Tunes still need to "learn".

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
No tunes do not "need to learn". If the tune sucks when you load it then it sucks and you need a new tune/tuner. Bama isn't a good tuner, I wouldn't run one in my car if someone paid me because I value my engine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Alright so I got the 3.55 gears put in yesterday guys and I loaded the BAMA tune that I called American Muscle to make up for me. My initial thoughts are.... MEGA DISAPPOINTMENT. The car slightly has better acceleration but its so minimal that it seems this wasn't worth all the money I just laid out. I mean every other modern car accelerates from a red light smoothly and quickly too, and they aren't supposed to have the power my mustang has. I've driven rental cars that are Fords Focus's and quicker then the stang to get going lol. I'm hoping that its because this tune just sucks and that I can correct this with a proper tune. The acceleration is barely noticeable until I get up in speed. Its slightly smoother through first gear in traffic and parkinglots but after that it's still that jerky feeling the 2.73's always had. I really have to hit the gas to get the RPMs to go up on a short distance quick acceleration which is only something I would do hard if I need to do an emergency merge, which I did once today. I only drove around town today. Lots of in and out of the car at stores so I got roughly 14mpg which is pretty bad but I'm sure that will go up when I do real combined driving all week.

I thought once I did this I would get rid of the pedal commander too for the throttle body response sensitivity but right now it seems that I may need to keep that.

With all that being said it seems the install itself went well and the car is acting normal. No additional noise or anything, this is just a performance thing for me.

The tune could be an issue. I will look into it this week but any other recommendations. Is it me?
Has to be your tune, it is very noticeable on the 3.7 Mustang going up 2 gear ratios. 3.55 on our generation first gear is close to 4.10’s on the previous generation V8’s. Again go with a MPT Race tune.

Here’s is a friend of mine with a 3.7 convertible fbo and nitrous, racing a fbo Camaro SS with FI (claimed 700 hp) and winning. Convertible 3.7’s can be fast also.

https://www.facebook.com/187769211277685/posts/1995584457162809/

Also go join these pages on Facebook
3.7 Cyclone Mustangs
Cyclone Mustang Tech
Cyclone Powered 3.7 V6 Mustangs

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
cdenigris, do you have any updates on the gears? Did you change tunes?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts