3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Good:
  • Clean high-contrast design
  • LCD screen with Track Apps
The Bad:
  • Oil Pressure and System Voltage gauges are noticeably absent
  • LCD screen with track apps
What do you all think about the new gauges? How many of you give a crap about the oil pressure and voltage gauges?

Also, you probably noticed that I put the LCD screen/track apps under pros and cons, here's why. First, if MyFordTouch is any indication, it won't work. Second, I'm a bit concerned with how much data these apps will gather and that Ford may use this information to continue swinging their warranty ban hammer. Think about it, you come in with engine, transmission, or suspension issues and the dealership shows that you have activated the track apps and been driving the car for racing. BAM, warranty claim DENIED. I'm not saying it will happen, but look no further than the Track Key for the Boss 302 for some foreshadowing. It was advertised as a feature of the car, but if you use it you lose a substantial chunk of your warranty coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I think the track apps are very cool and I would definitely use them if I got a 2013. I'm just concerned what the overall repercussions are. I'm OK with knowing that my lolwarranty is useless, but I doubt that the 90% of Mustang owners that don't read the enthusiast forums would be as informed about these potential issues.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well there are those that purchase these for track purposes only.... and could give a rats ass less about the warranty. That however is not me, which is why I refuse to get a tune or mod any part that COULD be questionable for warranty coverage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think it LOOKS great, just like the new Edge dashboard LOOKS great...but i've had to drive a coworker in because her 3 month old Edge dashboard stopped working already...and completely agree that it will get used against you in the Mustang...

On another note, i hate the new front end of the GT...it looks like they smushed the sh1t out of it, reminds me of the Charger...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts