Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of exhaust should I get of my mustang for it to sound like the old American muscle cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had flowmaster american thunder axlebacks on my 2013 GT for a few weeks now. It sounds flat out evil. I get complements everywhere and some envious looks as well. I love everything about it but will warn you, there is a decent amount of drone. I don't mind that myself. Kind of like it...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the roush axel back on mine. I had them on there for 2 weeks and I love them. Go on you tube to hear them. Also check out pypes and flow masters axel backs. And you should check out a couple of these guys threads bout diff exhausts.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
What kind of exhaust should I get of my mustang for it to sound like the old American muscle cars.
RhoudezGT,

The new 11-12's sound so sick with exhaust that I don't think you can go wrong! However if you're looking for that old school "American Muscle" Rumble then you may want look at a Flowmaster set up. They're known for giving you that hallow old school sound that we all love!

If you're looking for just a good exhaust you could go with a Roush, Borla or Magnaflow system!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much are the Axle back pipes for Flowmaster and Magnaflow because i talked to a Exhaust Tech and he said that the Pipes for my car havent been put in any of the warehouses yet.. 3 different shops told me the same thing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just installed the Roush exhaust last night. Man oh man, it sounds fantastic.

Youtube clips and the AM video don't do it justice. You have to hear it live to believe it. I revved the engine once, and started giggling like a little child.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Klaximilian said:

Youtube clips and the AM video don't do it justice. You have to hear it live to believe it. I revved the engine once, and started giggling like a little child.
+1

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm running the American Thunder Flowmaster myself and i love them. The whole reason i got them was for the old school sound. The car sounds like it performs now.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
BlueDemon said:
I'm running the American Thunder Flowmaster myself and i love them. The whole reason i got them was for the old school sound. The car sounds like it performs now.
Agreed, smozilla has the same mufflers and on video they don't sound all that good but in person they sound really good and super aggressive

·
Registered
598 Posts

That seems to be the usual reaction the first time you fire up after the Roush install. :) I know my wife & I must have sounded like Beavis & Butthead on the first drive. "huh...huh" "yeah! yeah! more throttle! this is cool!!!"

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Klaximilian said:

I did the same when I put in my flowmaster super 10s :D
I had the biggest smirk on my face

1 - 13 of 13 Posts