Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped over to a GT500 exhaust, and no longer need my stock 5.0 GT mufflers.

These are only 3 months old, car had less than 2k miles when I took them off.

$100 local picked up, or I'll split the shipping cost with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Located in Fort Lauderdale, FL

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have stock mufflers on my 13 v6. Do you think putting on your gt mufflers would make any difference?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have stock mufflers on my 13 v6. Do you think putting on your gt mufflers would make any difference?
To be honest with you, I don't know. I know that the GT stock sound louder than the V6 stock. How much is due to the exhaust, and how much is due to the displacement, I don't know. I'm pretty sure it will sound a little louder with the GT mufflers, but how much, I really don't know.

I did a search on here, and only found things regarding the fitment. Nothing about sound though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just swapped over to a GT500 exhaust, and no longer need my stock 5.0 GT mufflers.

These are only 3 months old, car had less than 2k miles when I took them off.

$100 local picked up, or I'll split the shipping cost with you.
How are the gt500 mufflers vs the stock? Thinking about getting them soon

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the gt500 mufflers. When I first installed them, they were louder than I expected. Didn't expect them to be as loud as they are, because a lot of people on here say they are very quiet.

They sound deep and get pretty loud when you get on it, but quiet as stock when cruising. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of crazy loud exhausts. I plan to add an H-pipe later, and it still shouldn't get crazy loud with the gt500's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts