Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so it is ~ 6 PM where I am and I was pulling into my garage with my 2013 5.0 and I was not looking and basically the entire body around my passenger rear wheel well contacted and rubbed the side of my garage opening.

I successfully cleaned all of the paint and stuck wood from my car, but of course there are scratches everywhere and multiple dents in that area.

Too late to call a body shop, so what do you guys think? Is this something that can be fixed for less than $500 by buffing and some repainting? Or, will I have to purchase the entire passenger side of the body, because that piece around the tire well seems like one piece all of the way from the front of the car to the rear of the car, of couse on the passenger side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know man, I know. I have taken many pictures already, but the sun is down, so it is actually very hard to see the scratches and you have to look at the car from obscure angles to see the deformations.

I even drove to the nearest area with bright lights, and pictures of this do not really show anything.

I got a majority of the stuck wood and paint off, but there are swirl marks, scratches, and small deformations in the area around the passenger rear tire well.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I know man, I know. I have taken many pictures already, but the sun is down, so it is actually very hard to see the scratches and you have to look at the car from obscure angles to see the deformations.

I even drove to the nearest area with bright lights, and pictures of this do not really show anything.

I got a majority of the stuck wood and paint off, but there are swirl marks, scratches, and small deformations in the area around the passenger rear tire well.
Won't be able to tell you much without some pictures. I would just sit back and take it easy tonight, and either take it to a body shop or get us some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. I guess that is the only thing that can be done. I was just wondering if anyone would know what stuff like that usually costs to be fixed.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If there no dings or dents bro then anything is repairable ... Dont swet it i no it sucks but it will get repaired

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
helloWorld said:
That is the thing though. There are dings and dents, as well as scratches.
I do paintless dent repairs for a living and am around body shops alot, that type of repair can run u about $500-$900 at a reputable shop... A good body shop, will have to blend the entire right side to an even finish especially with a metallic color like red candy, or silver

·
Registered
517 Posts
Everyone is jacking up their new stangs! Wtf

I get mine back with the entire suspension on Monday. Going to baby it home and hide it in the garage until all this blows over. Something is in the water

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to a body shop early in the morning tomorrow and getting a quote. The thing that sucks is that my auto insurance deductable is $1000, so anything less than that and I will have to foot it.

Dangit, a simple oversight costs so much...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
helloWorld said:
I am going to a body shop early in the morning tomorrow and getting a quote. The thing that sucks is that my auto insurance deductable is $1000, so anything less than that and I will have to foot it.

Dangit, a simple oversight costs so much...
Look at the bright side, it was your own mistake, it happens to the best of us, and I'm sure u can live with it... If someone else damaged it, I think it's probably worse. Hopefully you can solve this soon and not too painfully...

·
Registered
374 Posts
BlackStang318 said:
Omg, just got mine in Oct., i would be very pissed if i got a scratch!
Don't feel bad!!! Girl friend backed mine into the garage and just rubbed the driver side rear bumper and scraped off some clear cost and a few scratches!! It cost $589 to get it fixed!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts