Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am looking at buying a 2013 with a roush super charger on it with low miles.
The guy that bought the car knows nothing about it as he bought it at a auction.

Low miles 10k

Car was in a accident in the rear several years ago but was fixed. Not salvage title but has accident history.

What are a few things i should check for? Price is good! He says it runs great.

I am having him take some pictures under the car to try and see what exhaust it has.

Are these things dependable? will the tranny and rear end hold up to the power?

Thanks in advance Robert!!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
You want dependable, buy a 4 cyl Japanese sedan.

These things are pretty tough but, you never know what you're getting buying a used modified Mustang, especially with a power adder. Could have been treated well or thrashed within an inch of its life.

I'd want more than pics before laying out money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
^ this is so true. I thought it would be a great idea to get a fox body back in the day with mods already on it and that car ran good for only a week and I never could get it right and eventually sold it. I never bought a modded car again. I will say cars are more reliable these days but it could have been 10,000 really hard miles but you will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
The price you pay when you buy used. If someone wants a almost perfect car go buy new and it will be warranted should there be a problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are these things dependable? will the tranny and rear end hold up to the power?

I have a 2014 gt, had the roush stage 1 kit installed in the spring. Have about 1k miles on it, including about a dozen runs at the strip since the upgrade. As far as you asking the tranny and rear end, mine are holding up fine. I contacted roush before I upgraded to verify if I needed to upgrade any drivetrain parts along with the sc. They stated that the stage 3 roushes they build don't have any drivetrain upgrades, stock manages the power. Ive found this to be true so far. Whats he asking for the car? The roush kit and install are approx. 8k by themselves. I had my local for dealer install for me, it costs me a little more, but preserved my factory warranty.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I had my local for dealer install for me, it costs me a little more, but preserved my factory warranty.
I hope you got that in writing!:whistling:

Because there's just no way you retained your FACTORY warranty.

·
Registered
174 Posts
23k for a Mustang with a roush supercharger and low miles....simply put, buy it. If it seriously is supercharged. That is a similar price to a GT without being Roush Charged. Everything will hold just fine on the car. MT82 tranny doesn't have the best rep, but I am ok with it. You'll need a short shifter for sure. Some wider tires to hook up and some upgraded LCA's. Overall I love my Roush!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts