Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where could i buy a GT500 front bumper, i been looking online and i can not seem to find it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe these aren't (easily) swappable. There are some minor differences in the shaping of the bumper around the headlight area / sides of the top grill.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You can buy directly from Ford (accessories.ford.com) but not sure if it fits either as it did not in previous years. I want one too but someone will hopefully make a GT500 looking bumper for non-GT500s if it doesnt fit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe these aren't (easily) swappable. There are some minor differences in the shaping of the bumper around the headlight area / sides of the top grill.
yeah i'm in the market to swap out my front bumper because of an accident. any suggestions to upgrade? i did a basic search on the forums and tried the different sites but didn't find exactly what i'm looking for. suggestions?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i'm in the market to swap out my front bumper because of an accident. any suggestions to upgrade? i did a basic search on the forums and tried the different sites but didn't find exactly what i'm looking for. suggestions?
Best price i got was from a ford dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck on finding something out. I've looked all over the internet and can't find anyone who's done this yet. I'm really wanting to do mine also but am unsure as to the complexity of it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good luck on finding something out. I've looked all over the internet and can't find anyone who's done this yet. I'm really wanting to do mine also but am unsure as to the complexity of it.
A guy on TMS just swapped one onto his V6 after an accident, still being painted: hit a deer, time to do some mods!! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

·
Registered
200 Posts
I swapped out the bumper on my 13 for a gt 500 front end..I got mine from ford...u need the bumper cover..radiator splash shield. .both upper n lower grille (grille from the GT Doesnt fit). You also need the rock chip guard thing underneath as well.

ForumRunner_20130122_210401.png

·
Registered
136 Posts
I swapped out the bumper on my 13 for a gt 500 front end..I got mine from ford...u need the bumper cover..radiator splash shield. .both upper n lower grille (grille from the GT Doesnt fit). You also need the rock chip guard thing underneath as well.

View attachment 86920
what did you need to buy from ford? the grill came with the front bumper? how much was it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Everything is separate, you have to buy the bumper and upper and lower grilles separatly. Then you also need the radiator splash shield and the rock protector underneath. I think its about $1100

·
Registered
350 Posts
Out of curiosity; why do you have a SS badge on the grill? Are u turning it into one?

·
Registered
200 Posts
It comes with the ss badge on the grille and there is a outline for the badge to sit into so a GT emblem doesnt fit in the spot.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It comes with the ss badge on the grille and there is a outline for the badge to sit into so a GT emblem doesnt fit in the spot.
Oh, ok, cool. Is that okay with you or are you working on customizing a GT one to replace that outline?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Also, are you still using the stock GT foglamps or do they not fit in the GT500 locations? Thanx

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've just left it alone now...you can barely see it..if anything ill black it out. I havent had time to do anything to my car lately .

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Was actually thinking about this today. What about filling the recess with JB Weld or similar and sticking a tri-bar on there? Unless you dont care, in which case, never mind. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
That and its been 12 degrees the past 3 days..and my garage isnt heated lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts