Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to those that are looking to buy the American Muscle GT500 Replica Rims for there brembo brake package or track pack cars. AM says that the Rims will not fit the above mentioned cars but with a 1/4" spacer the rims fit perfect and look great. Now I know that there is alot of debate on wheel spacers, but the fact is a 1/4" spacer will not damage or destroy your car as some may say. Anyways thought I'd just throw this tip out there for you guys

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I'll post some pics in the morning to show the fitment

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got those on my 13 gt and the ford lowering springs and it works great for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked out your picks, love the gloss black on your GB. I have a DIB and went with the charcoal wheels. With the standard brakes you had no fitment issues correct?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Checked out your picks, love the gloss black on your GB. I have a DIB and went with the charcoal wheels. With the standard brakes you had no fitment issues correct?
Nope got the 18s staggered and fit like a glove.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
Just a heads up to those that are looking to buy the American Muscle GT500 Replica Rims for there brembo brake package or track pack cars. AM says that the Rims will not fit the above mentioned cars but with a 1/4" spacer the rims fit perfect and look great. Now I know that there is alot of debate on wheel spacers, but the fact is a 1/4" spacer will not damage or destroy your car as some may say. Anyways thought I'd just throw this tip out there for you guys

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Thanks for your feedback! The wheels were very close with the Brembo package, so it's not surprising that you got this wheel to fit with a 1/4 spacer. I'll make sure that we update a note on the website saying how this wheel could fit a Brembo package car!

Post up some pictures of the GT500 Wheels on your car, I'd love to check it out!

-Dan

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
They look awesome man! Thanks for posting these pictures up, keep up the great work with your build.

-Dan

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Those look great, I'll be ordering some 19' staggered GT500's soon, undecided about charcoal or black rims though.

·
Registered
444 Posts

You can buy longer wheel studs from Steeda for a perfect fit. Congrats on the new wheels! :thumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
15mm - 1 inch are available and it depends oh how big your calipers are. Yes Steeda sells the longer studs. Drag racers do this all the time to fit a variety of brake systems.
? lol.. he said 1/4inch, That is 6mm roughly.. So I guess Steeda does NOT have them.

Thanks for the info anyways. Maybe the OP will chime in soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts