Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2013 GT500, I get the yellow wrench light whenever I'm on the highway, downshift to 5th or 4th gear, and give it about 1/4 throttle to pass someone. This happens often, but only in that scenario. The car then cuts a lot of power. Any idea what might be causing this issue? I have read online that usually it has something to do with the throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
An intermittent Check Engine Light is often caused by a misfire in one (or more) of the cylinders.
If the light is illuminating, there should be a diagnostic trouble code present, which you can retrieve, and it will possibly point you in the right direction towards identifying the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light was caused because my intercooler coolant pump wasnt working because the relay for the pump was bad. This made the coolant get hot, and the car would go into limp mode. I swapped the relay for a new one and now it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
That sucks. :(

Whatever is causing the light to come on, must be triggering a Diagnostic Trouble Code. Hopefully that will point you in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts