Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Track apps brake assist, etc. what other amazing technology is there in the new 2013 Mustang? I am thinking of getting one, trading in my 2007 4.0 liter Naturally Aspirated.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Thread moved to general mustang discussions :good:

There is soooo much new technology, you gotta be a little more specific, what is it you're wanting to know? And what part of this is a comparison between the 5.0 and 3.7?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Thread moved to general mustang discussions :good:

There is soooo much new technology, you gotta be a little more specific, what is it you're wanting to know? And what part of this is a comparison between the 5.0 and 3.7?
Just a general rhetoric question. Now that i see someone actually cares, Monetary wise, I' m in the Market for a Brand new 3.7 Liter, but desiring the 5.0. Are they any different regarding those features? This is my first post, I'm a Mustang owner and enthusiast. Now that we are engaged in an actual conversion I'll will be more specific. You seem to have a lot of answers...

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
DMill78 said:
Just a general rhetoric question. Now that i see someone actually cares, Monetary wise, I' m in the Market for a Brand new 3.7 Liter, but desiring the 5.0. Are they any different regarding those features? This is my first post, I'm a Mustang owner and enthusiast. Now that we are engaged in an actual conversion I'll will be more specific. You seem to have a lot of answers...
As far as tech and gadgets, you can get all of the same options on either the v6 or the v8. Now obviously the two motors are very different and in the end comes down to a couple of things: fuel economy or power? Can you afford the 5.0? Would you be more satisfied at the end of the day knowing you had a v6/v8 sitting in your driveway? Can you afford a 5.0?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
As far as tech and gadgets, you can get all of the same options on either the v6 or the v8. Now obviously the two motors are very different and in the end comes down to a couple of things: fuel economy or power? Can you afford the 5.0? Would you be more satisfied at the end of the day knowing you had a v6/v8 sitting in your driveway? Can you afford a 5.0?
Touché lol. I will see in a couple of months if my monetary situation will permit me to get into "V8(dom)" world; but yes 5.0's start their price point brand new under $30,000? I don't want to miss out on the 2013 experience. I am still in research mode.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The 5.0 is worth selling an organ or two for in my opinion

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
:welcome:

If funds are questionable right now, I would consider waiting so you can buy the 5.0. Well worth the wait. :good:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Have you hit a Ford dealer? Grabbed a brochure? AFAIK the options packages are mostly the same for interior stuff. I didn't really look much as I already made my V6/V8 decision before looking that deep & when the time came, my car showed up on the lot, so I jumped quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lowflyn said:
The 5.0 is worth selling an organ or two for in my opinion
LOL!! That is AWESOME!!

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Azure said:
:welcome:

If funds are questionable right now, I would consider waiting so you can buy the 5.0. Well worth the wait. :good:
I agree, and I hope I will be in the market for the 5.0 next spring.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

claudermilk said:
Have you hit a Ford dealer? Grabbed a brochure? AFAIK the options packages are mostly the same for interior stuff. I didn't really look much as I already made my V6/V8 decision before looking that deep & when the time came, my car showed up on the lot, so I jumped quickly.
I am a 2007 Mustang 4.0 v6 owner and I study Mustangs everyday. I just wanted to hear from other Mustang enthusiasts and owners. Great advice

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went with the V6. With my mods, my Pony can take a stock 5.0... I also get pretty good gas mileage. I test drove the 5.0 and ended up getting the V6 because it is so much lighter and nimble. Plus, only a couple grand and your power to weight ratio is above the GT.

To each his/her own. In my opinion, you're buying the emblem.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I went with the V6. With my mods, my Pony can take a stock 5.0... I also get pretty good gas mileage. I test drove the 5.0 and ended up getting the V6 because it is so much lighter and nimble. Plus, only a couple grand and your power to weight ratio is above the GT.

...and 100hp or so. The V6 is only like 100# lighter. Thats like a fat vs skinny driver and the v6 doesnt have better suspension parts so how is it more nimble? You have 100+ hps added already? What are your mods?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts

I find ^this a little hard to believe. What are your mods?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Much more than a hundred pounds. You think the difference between the V6 and V8 is that little? The engine alone is waaay more than that. Not to mention the chassis. Look up the specs.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2012_Mustang_GT_Specs.pdf

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2012_Mustang_V6_Specs.pdf

As for more nimble, the V6 weighs a lot less. Read any review or take a test drive and you will know. The GT is a boat next to the smaller V6. Don't get me wrong, it still handles, but not even close.

And as any enthusiasts know, it's power to weight. Not just power. I'm not going to argue, I was on my way to town yesterday and raced a GT light to light. Took him 3/3 times. My baby is a little sleeper. She dominates the GT.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I didn't say I have the same horsepower as a GT. I said I can take a GT. I weigh less and know how to drive and can take a stock GT. you guys shouldn't get so offended. (hence why I said you're buying an emblem, people are getting all touchy when they hear a V6 stomp an 8)

·
Registered
569 Posts
3.73's, CAI, headers, o/r x pipe, Pypes axles, Pirellis, tune, sway bar w/ tower strut, 4" aluminum ds, a few other small stuff, I run 93 octane too. Manual transmission and a good understanding of shifty clutch work.

Not trying to talk **** on the 5.0. I originally got mine because how light it is on its feet and fuel economy. Later decided to make it a sleeper and black it all out.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I say save up and get the 5.0. Stock for stock and mod for mod there's no other Mustang that will match it from the factory.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Checked out those links Puma and you have a good point, .1 vs .08 power to weight ratio approx on v6 vs. GT. Im glad I paid for my extra two cylinders personally because of the possibilities down the road with mods. Glad you're loving your sixxer though!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I agree with that. The GT has more options with modding, a lot more options. I had already got mine before I wanted to mod it. This is my first Pony so I didn't know any better. Making the best with what I have. After I save about two more grand, I'm going forced induction.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Plus, the six has enough power for your average driver. Stock, I was stomping the German autos over here in Europe.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I say save up and get the 5.0. Stock for stock and mod for mod there's no other Mustang that will match it from the factory.
Except the Boss or the GT500? Lol.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
3.73's, CAI, headers, o/r x pipe, Pypes axles, Pirellis, tune, sway bar w/ tower strut, 4" aluminum ds, a few other small stuff, I run 93 octane too. Manual transmission and a good understanding of shifty clutch work.

Not trying to talk **** on the 5.0. I originally got mine because how light it is on its feet and fuel economy. Later decided to make it a sleeper and black it all out.
So, you're saying with the mods ^here, you can take a 5.0 at the track?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.