Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 with all the basic bolt ons- I want to jump into the motor , I think I'm gonna do shorty headers next , I already have off-road x-Pipe to racing bullets, 373 gears , aluminum drive shaft , Steeda Cold air intake , Lund Racing SCT Tune...My suspension is done and I'm on 315 drag radials...other then NOS or Charger What do I do next...

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a 2013 with all the basic bolt ons- I want to jump into the motor , I think I'm gonna do shorty headers next , I already have off-road x-Pipe to racing bullets, 373 gears , aluminum drive shaft , Steeda Cold air intake , Lund Racing SCT Tune...My suspension is done and I'm on 315 drag radials...other then NOS or Charger What do I do next...
Shorty headers won't make much of a difference so I've seen. If your gona take the stick manifolds off you mine as well just put on long tubes. Sounds like all you can do after that is a boss intake that would see any noticeable gains.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would install a boss intake & BBK 90mm tb.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Do not do throttle body, there is no hard evidence of gains. Shorty headers come on the car from the factory, do not do those. LT's or bust.

And about the heads, it'll set you back almost as much as a supercharger between parts and labor, unless you just absolutely demand squeezing out every last ounce of NA power from your coyote

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do not do throttle body, there is no hard evidence of gains. Shorty headers come on the car from the factory, do not do those. LT's or bust.

And about the heads, it'll set you back almost as much as a supercharger between parts and labor, unless you just absolutely demand squeezing out every last ounce of NA power from your coyote
I think I'm gonna go with American racing longtube headers with no cat x-pipe , not sure what I'm gonna do with the exhaust , wether I'm gonna come off the xpipe with Racing bullets or straight pipe or flow master or back into my Steeda kooks ...really indecisive ...well a whipple is about 8 grand I think I can get the same horsepower all motor and a bottle ...I think heads are only like 1300 bucks ...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
What is your budget and what are your ultimate goals?

If you would like ... you can email me at [email protected] and we can look at putting a package together for you based on your build.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with American racing longtube headers with no cat x-pipe , not sure what I'm gonna do with the exhaust , wether I'm gonna come off the xpipe with Racing bullets or straight pipe or flow master or back into my Steeda kooks ...really indecisive ...well a whipple is about 8 grand I think I can get the same horsepower all motor and a bottle ...I think heads are only like 1300 bucks ...
Whipple kits can be had for about $6500. Roush kits for about $5700, Paxton kits can be had for about $3500. All of these are easily installed in a full day. Heads will cost a minimum of $1300 before labor (I would recommend letting a shop do this as there is much more that can go wrong with heads than with a supercharger) and your probably want to do cams at the same time, no reason to have the same labor two times. All I'm saying is that when you do heads, it's a one time deal. If you so a supercharger there are many configurations and combinations that will allow you more power. With heads you will gain more in the high end and that's about it

·
Registered
441 Posts
Longtubes will give you close to 20 hp, and everyone says TB is worthless but I put on the 85mm BBK and I love it, and you can feel the gain and overall smoother running engine, I guess if you put it on stock engine then yeah no gains but when you put it on an engine that has CAI and Longtubes it works...! Just like the CAI does nothing to a stock engine, but add Longtubes and thats when everything starts working really well..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Longtubes will give you close to 20 hp, and everyone says TB is worthless but I put on the 85mm BBK and I love it, and you can feel the gain and overall smoother running engine, I guess if you put it on stock engine then yeah no gains but when you put it on an engine that has CAI and Longtubes it works...! Just like the CAI does nothing to a stock engine, but add Longtubes and thats when everything starts working really well..
I agree with you...do you have any advice to which Longtubes I should get

·
Registered
441 Posts
I bought the JBA longtubes and I love them 549.00 bucks is what I liked most, I cant see spending double for others.....you will need to tweak them alittle but they fit good I did them myself on jackstands

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do the JBA connect to factory midpipe or do you have to buy a JBA midpipe?
you have to buy the midpipe too, or make one, the headers came with extra flanges, i bought the hpipe and love the deep rumble, I think the hpipe is 220.00?

·
Registered
441 Posts
H-pipe if you like muscle car rumble, x-pipe if you like raspy....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts