Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
before drop

new parts (LCA and relocation brackets and adjustable panhard bar)

shifter bracket (stock vs aftermarket)

in this pic you see a box that is where the shifter bracket connects to. what causes the 3rd gear mis shift is the stock bracket is rubber and the box moves inside that rubber and the factory shift linkage line goes inside that bracket and by that box moving it mis aligns the shift causing you to miss the gear

after drop

the car now has no more wheel hop and now it hooks better. no body roll and it handles like an import, lol. the relocation brackets changed the pinion angle downward resulting in making the tires dig in the ground and gain traction. i also no longer miss 3rd gear. all in all it was well worth it. the car feels more planted and is actually faster because it no longer hops.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Nice write-up but, fyi, your relos aren't intended to change the static pinion angle downward. They relocate the instant centre for added or recovered plant and add more leverage to resist the pinion trying to climb the ring gear, which is what twists the housing upward.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice write-up but, fyi, your relos aren't intended to change the static pinion angle downward. They relocate the instant centre for added or recovered plant and add more leverage to resist the pinion trying to climb the ring gear, which is what twists the housing upward.
oh ok. ya the guy that was helping me install said it changed the pinion angle resulting in more traction. he said he has never worked with those relocation brackets before so that was his thought process

·
Registered
621 Posts
More Zoom Zoom, cool beans!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
oh ok. ya the guy that was helping me install said it changed the pinion angle resulting in more traction. he said he has never worked with those relocation brackets before so that was his thought process
Check out the video on the CJ Pony parts on YouTube on the BMR lca. Since your lowered on Eibachs u have to put it in the middle setting if lowered to get better traction... Top setting is for stock height

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Check out the video on the CJ Pony parts on YouTube on the BMR lca. Since your lowered on Eibachs u have to put it in the middle setting if lowered to get better traction... Top setting is for stock height
oh crap, will it cause any damage by being in the wrong setting? do i need to support the axle to fix this or can i just unbolt the lca and lower it down?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like you've got lots of goodies on your car! It looks great! I love that color. I like the wing and the wheels (I'm guessing you dipped?). It all looks good together. Dropping the car is my next mod so this gets me pumped for it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like you've got lots of goodies on your car! It looks great! I love that color. I like the wing and the wheels (I'm guessing you dipped?). It all looks good together. Dropping the car is my next mod so this gets me pumped for it.
thanks, im hoping to do more soon. ya the wheels are dipped as well as my hood vents and 5.0 badges

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Omg I thought u wrote on ur car for a second I almost had a heart attack lol

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Not sure how to do it exactly I think your axle has to be on jack stands... I have the same BMR lca and relo bracket on order, so eventually I'm gonna attempt the install... I don't think your setting will hurt anything, your just not gonna get the full benefit and won't be planted as u should

1 - 20 of 43 Posts