Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Manual 5.0
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been wanting a Mustang for a long time and I took the plunge. Got a manual 5.0. I don't know A LOT, so I've excited this forum is here! My car is all stock, will putting a race or performance bama tune on it damage anything? There's a lot I want to do to it but I'm just starting out. Any recommendations or advice?

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
891 Posts
I wouldn't use Bama on a car I hated.
Tunes / hand held devices cost money. Can you gain by just tuning, sure, better to do some mods 1st & then get it tuned.
Make a plan for the end result you hope to achieve with the car, & a budget.
.............These cars are easy to throw money @.
Buy mods that support your end goal, buy once & done, there is no $$$$$ in used parts.
Rather than getting a canned tune, see if there are any local tuning shops that work on Mustangs.
There are other websites besides this one with more foot traffic, loaded with info, free for the reading.
..............( costs nothing to read ) ( www.svtperformance.com ) ( www.s197forum.com )......Good luck..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a 2012 GT with some light mods (CAI, shorty headers, and catback exhaust) and then got the Bama 93 Race tune. The gains were ok, but I think they wrote it incorrectly because my car ran way harder than it should and threw misfire codes here and there so I tuned it back to stock. I'm going to have them rewrite for a 93 torque race hybrid and give that a go. I would go to a shop for a tune, but since Bama does offer the free tunes for life, I guess I'll give them another chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts