Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm am considering either nitrous or a whipple supercharger for my 13 gt I'm just wonder which you would go for. Bang for your buck and most reliable how much boost are y'all running on your 11 to 13 mustangs out there and how big of a shot can it take with nitrous 150 to big thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking it just seems like it is so much cheaper to run no2 with the same hp gain but it's not always there just on full throttle

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's cheeper but most likely cost you more in the long run. Unless you build you engine around nos. Boost all the way. 99.9% of people on this forum will agree..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang didn't know it was that much to refill a bottle maybe I will just go no2 right now then when I have more funds go with the whipple what about running no2 and the supercharger can u run with both at the same time

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea what shot do you think I could safely run on a completely stock engine and what setup do you think is best wet/dry plate vs nozzle

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Dang didn't know it was that much to refill a bottle maybe I will just go no2 right now then when I have more funds go with the whipple what about running no2 and the supercharger can u run with both at the same time
I've heard that Nitrous and FI don't play well together, i would say go one or the other, not both.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Yea what shot do you think I could safely run on a completely stock engine and what setup do you think is best wet/dry plate vs nozzle
100 shot max for a stock motor, and wet is preferred by most people.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soccerluvr4 said:
I've heard that Nitrous and FI don't play well together, i would say go one or the other, not both.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

100 shot max for a stock motor, and wet is preferred by most people.
Thanks for all the info when I get it and get it all set up ill make a how to on it with some pics thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a 2013 and when i get the chance im getting a super charger for sure i wouldnt even mess with nos. the question is though which supercharger?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
I have a 2013 and when i get the chance im getting a super charger for sure i wouldnt even mess with nos. the question is though which supercharger?
That question has been answered quite a few times on here before, I'm sure a quick search will pull up a number of threads

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
redbeast0712 said:
Whipple ftw

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've got a NX wet kit, haven't put it in yet. If you can swing it, go with a blower. I like Kenne Bell and Procharger personally. Nitrous is cheaper unless you get careless with it. For cost, I paid $4 lb. here to have my bottle filled. The install is a few bolts on the TB, mounting the bottle brackets, run the line and wire up the relay and tps sensor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CorDog009 said:
I've got a NX wet kit, haven't put it in yet. If you can swing it, go with a blower. I like Kenne Bell and Procharger personally. Nitrous is cheaper unless you get careless with it. For cost, I paid $4 lb. here to have my bottle filled. The install is a few bolts on the TB, mounting the bottle brackets, run the line and wire up the relay and tps sensor.
Sounds easy I have a procharger on my 02 gt people either know what it is or think your stuff is jacked up when you drive by its defenatily loud

·
Registered
264 Posts
sinister said:
Sounds easy I have a procharger on my 02 gt people either know what it is or think your stuff is jacked up when you drive by its defenatily loud
Lol. I've always liked the F-series. You can't hear yourself think standing beside one :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CorDog009 said:
Lol. I've always liked the F-series. You can't hear yourself think standing beside one :)
Yea that's why I would go with a whipple if your using it for daily driving or long commutes so u can actually here the radio/yourself think or talk to anyone lol and the whipple will have a bigger power span

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
N20 is hardly more dangerous to a motor than forced induction. It has to be tuned for it properly and it'll run just fine. You can get a pretty nice setup for ~$1,200.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good luck but you better start putting some money away for a new engine. That juice is a death sentence. Even most engines built around nitrous have to have there internals pulled once a year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts