Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im only getting the 2013 gt base model because im doing my own mods. dont need all the bells and whistles...
ill be buying it outright, but cant exactly go in and order it how i want until the funds come in next week.
WHAT IM WANTING TO KNOW(all the research ive done has given me no answers), DOES THE BASE MODEL HAVE THE MYCOLOR INTERIOR ILLUMINATION?
or is that in a special package? i have checked all different add on packages and cant find it anywhere.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wish I knew the answer to that question but I don't. What I am curious of though, is why not use half of the money you have to put down on a premium? You would have a cheap @ss car payment and some money to play with after. Not knocking you either way though, I wish I didn't have a car payment every month on the 24th lol.

BTW, if you have that much dough to put down you gotta use your negotiation skills. Cash is king man, you can probably get one with mycolor if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
13gtDarkKnight said:
im only getting the 2013 gt base model because im doing my own mods. dont need all the bells and whistles...
ill be buying it outright, but cant exactly go in and order it how i want until the funds come in next week.
WHAT IM WANTING TO KNOW(all the research ive done has given me no answers), DOES THE BASE MODEL HAVE THE MYCOLOR INTERIOR ILLUMINATION?
or is that in a special package? i have checked all different add on packages and cant find it anywhere.
MyColor is only on the premium package

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im only wanting to put about 35k into it total. i found a base gt in town for $26,702 and they said since im paying cash, we can negotiate lower. but i wanna do some exterior mods, 19" wheels, outlaw flowmaster axleback. bout it. i just wanted the track apps and my color.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess if ive never had it... i wont be missing anything

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

how about the radio? i know it seems like im asking alot out of a base model. but they really dont give you much info on the base. and i dont wanna go bother them at the dealership until im ready. i guess it couldnt hurt tho.

·
Registered
559 Posts
No Shaker, just the base.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
13gtDarkKnight said:
i guess if ive never had it... i wont be missing anything

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

how about the radio? i know it seems like im asking alot out of a base model. but they really dont give you much info on the base. and i dont wanna go bother them at the dealership until im ready. i guess it couldnt hurt tho.
U won't know what ur missing if u never seen it, but u might regret not getting one of u actually get to see it... IMHO Its pretty amazing, but were all different

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I completely regret getting a premium over base. All the trinkets are cool, but none of them are something you couldn't live without. I talked my buddy into buying a base instead of a premium and he loves it, plus he paid a hell of a lot less. If you plan on doing heavy mods and tracking the car, base is the way to go. Just make sure to get the recaros and Brembo package.

You could also get the track pack + recaros if you're serious about autox or open track.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have it, just played with the colors for the first time last night. It adds a cool feature and feel to the interior, but wouldn't lose sleep if I didn't have it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't plan on heavily modding it. I wanna keep it within warranty specs. The recaros wouldn't be good for my back and neck. I need seats with a lil more comfort so I'll stick with the factory seats. As far as the stereo goes, I guess I could always just bring it back and have that upgraded. I have to have something good for Led Zeppelin. I can't disrespect them by listening to them on a junk system lol. A factory warranty is really all I'm after. Extra bells and whistles just mean more problems down the road in my opinion

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
13gtDarkKnight said:
Don't plan on heavily modding it. I wanna keep it within warranty specs. The recaros wouldn't be good for my back and neck. I need seats with a lil more comfort so I'll stick with the factory seats. As far as the stereo goes, I guess I could always just bring it back and have that upgraded. I have to have something good for Led Zeppelin. I can't disrespect them by listening to them on a junk system lol. A factory warranty is really all I'm after. Extra bells and whistles just mean more problems down the road in my opinion
Have you actually sat in the recaros? They are more comfortable and offer more support than any oem seat I've ever seen.

And the stereo is not easily upgraded to the shaker down the road. It's kinda a now or never decision.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Have you actually sat in the recaros? They are more comfortable and offer more support than any oem seat I've ever seen.

And the stereo is not easily upgraded to the shaker down the road. It's kinda a now or never decision.
It's very true!

·
Registered
184 Posts
recaros are awesome, comfort is king

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no i havent. they look pretty restrictive as far as mobility, which im sure thats what they are supposed to do. i found a damn good deal in tx on a base model. it already has a few of the exterior upgrades i was looking at adding(wheels, front lip spoiler, tint) and its only 26k. so i think id be able to spare a few bucks and add the recaros if they fit my needs since ill be saving a few with those upgrades already installed

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
no i havent. they look pretty restrictive as far as mobility, which im sure thats what they are supposed to do. i found a damn good deal in tx on a base model. it already has a few of the exterior upgrades i was looking at adding(wheels, front lip spoiler, tint) and its only 26k. so i think id be able to spare a few bucks and add the recaros if they fit my needs since ill be saving a few with those upgrades already installed
Recaros are $3000 for the parts only after sale, and not the same ones that come in the car. It's another "now or never" choice.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Here's a "good deal" on them at AM. You would have to install them yourself or pay a dealership to do it.

Ford Racing Recaro Mustang Race Seats - Set of 2 (11-13) M-63660005-MB - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
19 Posts
^Exactly. Plus, if you want leather, getting them factory is pretty much the only way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a '11 base and got so wrapped up in the price I got it for didn't think twice about it. But I now have a '13 GT/CS cause i kept wishing I had gotten the premium. The interior finishes definately are worth it in my opinion. I spend almost two hours in the car every day going to and from work, so it is worth it for my situation. There are some extra standards now that I didn't have in my '11 like HIDs, "premium" steering wheel, etc.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Redrader26 said:
I had a '11 base and got so wrapped up in the price I got it for didn't think twice about it. But I now have a '13 GT/CS cause i kept wishing I had gotten the premium. The interior finishes definately are worth it in my opinion. I spend almost two hours in the car every day going to and from work, so it is worth it for my situation. There are some extra standards now that I didn't have in my '11 like HIDs, "premium" steering wheel, etc.
I completely disagree. I think the interior upgrades are way too blingy, but are just cheap coatings. The leather also sucks big time.. It's mostly personal preference thougj

1 - 20 of 30 Posts