Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2013 rear decklid panel on a 2011

6K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  nosympathy 
#1 ·
So finally got around too putting this on. I think it fits perfectly. Sorry I didn't do an install guide. It is easy requiring a dremel tool and patience.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Sports car

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You have to pry the old gas cap off. Then with the 2013 deck lid panel use a dremel to remove all the tabs for the 2013 trunk lid. Then 3M tape and profit.

It was painted by Mikeyt03 I think is his username. I purchased it off him for a really good deal already painted.

#9 ·
Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Looks great! I'm glad you like it.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Only thing I would do now is tint that clear part in the tail lights.
Haha had the same thought after I was done. Thanks and thanks for the hookup!

#5 ·
Looks great!! Now I'm considering this panel for mine, I'm just gonna wait until Raxiom makes 2013 style taillights... That's the thing about Race Red, it needs some contrast in the rear, looks boring stock... This is a carbon fiber wrap, but I'm growing kinda bored of it and that gloss panel looks pretty sweet

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks! Yeah I agree the back really needs the contrast. I think yours looks great, just need to black out that faux gas cap!

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Are there holes under the stock one? I was thinking it might look pretty good smooth
There is a giant bump on the bumper if you just take the gas cap off. Has holes too. Would not be pretty.

#8 ·
#20 ·
Yes sir.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Yep, that 3M tape is some tough stuff! I removed my rear deck spoiler; used dental floss, a plastic bondo applicator to pry, and lots of dancing and chanting. Finally got it off.

Like the looks of that rear deck panel.
Haha at the dancing and chanting! I so did that too! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

The gloss black with the taillights really flow well together, I like it much better than the flat black.
I agree I don't think the matte black would look as good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.