Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not exactly.

They're not shaped the same, so you'd have a gap at the bottom of the lights along the bumper, unless you swapped out the whole rear bumper and everything.

American Muscle is working on a replacement set which will fit our cars that look like the 2013 tails, they're just not available yet.

I'm waiting so they look right...I love the new 13 tails.

·
Registered
745 Posts
IanM said:
Not exactly.

They're not shaped the same, so you'd have a gap at the bottom of the lights along the bumper, unless you swapped out the whole rear bumper and everything.

American Muscle is working on a replacement set which will fit our cars that look like the 2013 tails, they're just not available yet.

+1

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IanM said:
Not exactly.

Thanks... Can't wait till they are available.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
For me, it will depend on price. I too like the '13 taillight blackout feature, but if they are going to cost me a lot of green, then I can live with my '11 red ones!

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bucko said:
For me, it will depend on price. I too like the '13 taillight blackout feature, but if they are going to cost me a lot of green, then I can live with my '11 red ones!
If they cost more than the Raxion's then i will not buy them.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Don't mean to be Jonny law and I doubt local PD would even enforce the law but at a safety stand point the '13 tail lights are illegal to be on a '10-'12.
And here's why.
The '13 tail lights do not have built in light reflectors as the '10-'12's do. The '13's light reflector is on the lower valance of the rear bumper. image-3418870022.jpg

So putting the '13 tail lights on without the bumper would make your car hard to see from behind at night when it's parked. I imagine if you were parked on the street and a car slammed into the back of your mustang, if the insurance company realized you had no light reflection they might deny the claim because the car was modified outside of the DOT safety guidelines.

Here's the '13 tail lights on a '11. image-2459503403.jpg See the gap at the bottom? It's not too bad. But if I could afford it, I'd spring for the bumper too.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
primer2tone said:
Don't mean to be Jonny law and I doubt local PD would even enforce the law but at a safety stand point the '13 tail lights are illegal to be on a '10-'12.
And here's why.
The '13 tail lights do not have built in light reflectors as the '10-'12's do. The '13's light reflector is on the lower valance of the rear bumper.

So putting the '13 tail lights on without the bumper would make your car hard to see from behind at night when it's parked. I imagine if you were parked on the street and a car slammed into the back of your mustang, if the insurance company realized you had no light reflection they might deny the claim because the car was modified outside of the DOT safety guidelines.

Here's the '13 tail lights on a '11.See the gap at the bottom? It's not too bad. But if I could afford it, I'd spring for the bumper too.
Primer you wasted your breath. I only asked if the would work on the '11. Then someone posted AM is working on an after market set. I never jerry rig anything on my car. If it does not fit or not made for my car it will not go on.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Excellent point on the reflectors. Like everything else that's done on vehicles today (I.E. headlight tint, exhaust, cut off cats,), I doubt the fact that it being illegal will stop anyone.

Perhaps American Muscle is including a "stick on" set of reflectors that folks will add to the lower bumper should they wish to be legal.

Shall we start the betting pool now?

·
Registered
333 Posts
bucko said:
Excellent point on the reflectors. Like everything else that's done on vehicles today (I.E. headlight tint, exhaust, cut off cats,), I doubt the fact that it being illegal will stop anyone.

Perhaps American Muscle is including a "stick on" set of reflectors that folks will add to the lower bumper should they wish to be legal.

Shall we start the betting pool now?
I'll bet my mustang against yours that they won't. Haha.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
If they are developing this then they have probably already taken this into consideration and will have the reflectors in there somehow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts