Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
polasky said:
Which one should i get or are they all the same without a tune?
For what? Cold air induction?

I went Roush, no tune. Makes a pretty cool sound, apparently. Occasionally I hear it a little, but i am told it sounds really cool from outside.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Best performance (also most expensive and tune required) is Steeda. Other then that, they're all the same. Just find which looks nicest.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Do you want a ricer shine or a nice stock look that most people will like. I'd go with an air raid, bbk blackout, or roush

·
Registered
744 Posts
The roush intake is a airaid intake, just roush badged. All intakes will give you around the same gains. I would get an airaid because its the cheapest.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the bbk. I like their new blackout they have if you aren't getting a tune then pick which one you like the looks of as they are all pretty much specked the same. IMO the gains are negligible as you won't notice them unless you "stomp" on it or in you use it in conjunction with a tune.

In my experience with just the cai
1. It looks pretty
2. Improves sound a little
3. Apparently had a few more ponies ( cant tell when I mash it down but the car sounds "meaner" since I installed it.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
BlackedStang said:
The roush intake is a airaid intake, just roush badged. All intakes will give you around the same gains. I would get an airaid because its the cheapest.
They are all the same until the tune IMO. But roush and mustang are popular. I'd go with it if I had the money. Bbk blackout most likely for me.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
No problem, my knowledge is limited but I try to chip in. I have read before that some are the same. I think it looks really good.

I feel a difference, but that is wide open throttle and low end. Low end means 800-1200 rpm range. Not crazy, but it seems like she does bot struggle as much. I go Roush because I have them install all of my stuff, and I trust them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
UltArc said:
No problem, my knowledge is limited but I try to chip in. I have read before that some are the same. I think it looks really good.

I feel a difference, but that is wide open throttle and low end. Low end means 800-1200 rpm range. Not crazy, but it seems like she does bot struggle as much. I go Roush because I have them install all of my stuff, and I trust them.
Ive yet to do it on my Mustang but on my previous PT Cruiser just a drop in K&N made the throttle response much smoother.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
polasky said:
Throttle body spacer? Is it a waste of money?
People say so. One individual noted a very slight mpg gain, .15 ish, and a lot of people suggest more low end torque. Results are not clear, though. Most will suggest it is a paper weight. I will do it and post info when I have 100 USD i won't miss, maybe after I buy all the family presents for Christmas.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Opinions are like a$$ holes. Everybody has one. I have an airaid cai and really love it. I love the sound it makes when you juice it and the cai sucks in that air. I'm sure I would be happy with another brand but airaid always had good reviews plus I took advantage of the 50 dollar rebate a few months back. Go with airaid.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I went with airaid also . Can't feel the power but seems to get better mpg. Only thing for sure is it sounds better and looks good.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
Opinions are like a$$ holes. Everybody has one. I have an airaid cai and really love it. I love the sound it makes when you juice it and the cai sucks in that air. I'm sure I would be happy with another brand but airaid always had good reviews plus I took advantage of the 50 dollar rebate a few months back. Go with airaid.
curtin1991 said:
I went with airaid also . Can't feel the power but seems to get better mpg. Only thing for sure is it sounds better and looks good.
Schram1 said:
JLT intake love mine
Are you guys talking about throttle body spacers or cai?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts