Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my stang & it seems to sit pretty low for it being stock..I was wondering if it was just mine or is every 2013 like this. I had a 2012 v6 & it was higher up & more wheel/fender gap. Pics of stock your 2013 to compare would help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just put a ruler and measure from the ground to the top of the wheel opening. Then we can compare. I don't have mine atm or I'd contribute.
I thought about this after I took the pics..ima measure it when I get a chance though.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Looks pretty much like mine..u have the PP though right?? That has different springs??

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
From the ground to the middle of the wheel well, Front is 29 1/8th rear is 29 1/2 with my winter tires on, it is a half inch lower with the Summer only Pirelli's.
I have the performance package so the front will be higher than a base V6.
Winter tires and wheels

Summer tire s and wheels

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the ground to the middle of the wheel well, Front is 29 1/8th rear is 29 1/2 with my winter tires on, it is a half inch lower with the Summer only Pirelli's.
Winter tires and wheels

Summer tire s and wheels
I have to measure mine still but its looking like the 13's sit lower than the 12's so far.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My rear sits the same and front sits higher than my friends 2011 Pony Package when my summer tires are on, a little higher with the winter tires.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I thought about this after I took the pics..ima measure it when I get a chance though.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Looks pretty much like mine..u have the PP though right?? That has different springs??
No mine is stock... I added the cs wheels

·
Registered
115 Posts
The 2013 PP sits higher in the front vs non-PP cars? Didn't know that.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It sits higher with the GT suspension parts up front because the motor is lighter and the springs are rated for the heavier load of the 5.0 motor. We put GT500 springs in a GT 05-09 vert and it drove like a boat. The GT had a E Force on it too so the weight difference was really just the motor. Do the PP package cars feel light up front? Should help transfer weight to the back of the car at the drag track though...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just took a measurement on my base 2013.Front is 29.5" and the back is 28.5"
I have factory BF GOODRICH P225 R60 17" tires.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No mine is stock... I added the cs wheels
Oh ok.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

I got the same measurements!! I guess the 13's do sit lower than the 12's.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Do the PP package cars feel light up front? Should help transfer weight to the back of the car at the drag track though...
I would not say it feels light, it actually handles awesome, not pushing going into corners. It just stays planted all the way through.
Here is a shot of the track apps Accelerometer

Don't think it would pull that with a light front end but it does dig pretty good launching also

Rear is lower????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts