Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed bilstein struts and eibach lowering springs and now i have a front end clunk when ever i go over bumps in the road or wiggle the steering wheel left to right any one ever experience this issue ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you install the parts or did you have them installed? Reason I ask is the stock caster camber plates come apart real easy and ball bearings get lost. Its almost a must to replace them with at least the GT500 plates. A few missing bearings will cause this problem every time.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
You don't have caster camber plates but rather strut mounts. And yes they're on top of the struts.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
The stock ones are junk from the factory lol.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I've got the same issue, but I didn't change struts, they are stock TrakPak struts. I also used Eibach springs and the noise is coming from the drivers side which had the strut mount that didn't fall apart.
Unless you disassemble the strut/spring/strut mount you won't be able to tell anything..........even then it may look normal. Ford says not to reuse them...........when you change either the spring or strut you should replace the mount. Grabber Blue5.0 hit the nail on the head saying they aren't worth much, and especially once you lower the car.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Which is why I constantly preach changing them out for the GT500 ones if you're also changing out the struts. Cheap, effective, and you can gain back the camber you lost when installing them with the arrows pointing in.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
When I changed springs I did loose some camber but still stayed at the Ford minimum spec of -1.5 degrees on both sides. What I lost in camber I gained in caster........which isn't all the bad if you like carve corners. I went from +6.4 degrees to +7.8 degrees, which is at the maximum high side of Ford's spec.
So on camber I'm at the Ford minimum spec and caster I'm at the Ford maximum spec. On high speed corners it does handle slightly better....taking a 50mph corner at 100mph it does feel a little more planted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just wondering how you gain back the camber with the GT500 mounts alone. Do they have built in offset ? I thought I read where they were a little taller that stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts