Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ford Mustang 5.0 with Shaker radio without navigation. About 2-3 months back the radio made really loud popping noise and just stopped working. The only thing it will do is blink the time and show the temp outside. I have checked the fuses, disconnected the battery. I have searched other forums and it seems to be a issue but on all the threads I never could get any follow up on if anyone got it fixed. I called Ford and they are like " never heard of the problem and to take it in to the shop" Has anyone had this issue and if so where you able to get it resolved. I'm tired of driving around with my phone in cup holder to play music lol. Thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
YES!!! We had this exact issue. I knew our battery was getting old. Still had the original 2014 Motorcraft. Purchased a new battery, installed it and it has not done the popping since. I don't know why the old battery caused the problem. I know computers are affected by low voltage and amps. The Shaker stereo has a computer in it that talks to the cars computer. They need to be happy or they wont behave. How old is your battery? Maybe try that. Good luck. I searched all the threads too and the internet and found nothing, but so far the new battery has done the trick. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well, been six months sense we changed the battery. All was well until now. Radio has made the popping a couple of times in the last week or so. Radio always comes back on but I know it's only a matter of when this is going to be a real issue for us. The new battery fixed it for awhile and it makes me wonder if the Interstate Battery we bought is junk. I typically don't use Interstate, never had good results with them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I’ve had the pop and shut down issue on my 2013 GT with the Shaker non-nav system. I’m my case the AM/FM radio still works but all sync and Bluetooth functions stop until I turn off the car, open and close the door, restart and then give it about 3-4 minutes to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts