Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the grocery store yesterday, come back to the car, wont start, barley heard some clicking.
Got a jump, car started, drove 2 miles home, wouldnt shift out of first gear (automatic) and wouldnt
go into sport mode. Made it home. Today had battery tested (3 year old) tested bad guy said.
Got a new battery, still wont start no clicking or anything. Horn, lights, radio work.
Car has 73k on it , all stock except Borla axleback mufflers,normally runs perfect.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Possibly.
The Powertrain Control Module can do strange things when it is getting insufficient voltage.
Make sure that the new battery is fully charged, and the cables and terminals are clean and in good shape.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly.
The Powertrain Control Module can do strange things when it is getting insufficient voltage.
Make sure that the new battery is fully charged, and the cables and terminals are clean and in good shape.
I just had it towed to a local trusted mechanic that Ive used for years. I dont want to start throwing money at it.
Hope its not some anti theft issue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He does think its a security thing. Asked me to bring a second key so I did.
Unfortunately he had to break away from my car for some that were ahead of me,
promised me he would leave it inside for the night as its in a bad part of town.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mechanic has a ECU on order ,says he will program it to my VIN and all will be good.
I gotta go with no car for the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts