Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
If I were the OP, I'd consider getting a second opinion. That doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
If I were the OP, I'd consider getting a second opinion. That doesn't sound good.
I have a '14 with no such sounds and I would agree with another opinion.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Just brought it in with the knock to the dealership. Service Department tells me not to worry, it is due to being so cold outside (24*F). The knock is normal, so is the tick. I guess 2014 Ford Mustang Cyclone engines are supposed to sound like in my opinion an old tractor in cold weather. He did point out the same knock noise coming from the passenger side in the rear of the engine as well, but it wasn't as noticeable nor load as the driver side. I did notice the knock only happens after the engine has warmed up and it continues to make the same noise when revving but at a faster frequency of course.
I'm in South Dakota and my neighbor's never sounded like that. Sometimes she drives it in -15.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have that exact same noise coming from under my hood started about a month ago after doing an oil change myself. i previously changed the oil mobil 1 full synthetic and filter and had no problem until the recent oil change.
And what did u do to fix it because I have to same problem with the cam car and changed the oil myself and used the same oil

21 - 25 of 25 Posts