Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JLT cold air intake and nothing else besides straight piped. Im looking for the next cheaper performance mod to do other that something like a procharger id like to tune possibly.

What exactly can you get out of the tunes, What brand, is it worth it? I know its a v6 i don't care I want to do my own thing with it i just real advice on tunes. Or any other performance mods for the 3.7L 2014 mustang.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
If you plan to add a procharger at some point, then don't spend money on anything that won't work with that set up

As far as a tune, it will wake things up in the interim. You will need an entirely new tune when you add the supercharger anyway. Most of the 3.7 people I know use MPT.

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Most of the 3.7 people I know use MPT.
I agree. I’ve used MPT tunes (on Coyotes - they don’t do them anymore) and they were hands-down the best emailed-tune I’ve ever had for a stock engine.

They are renowned for their v6 tunes, and that’s who would get my business.

Reactions: JimC

·
Registered
2013 V6 Premium Convertible
8 Posts
I agree. I’ve used MPT tunes (on Coyotes - they don’t do them anymore) and they were hands-down the best emailed-tune I’ve ever had for a stock engine.

They are renowned for their v6 tunes, and that’s who would get my business.
What does a tune do to mpg? It must burn more fuel when playing, but when cruising, does the mpg go to normal?

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
If done properly, you won’t notice much difference (perhaps 1-3 Mpg better). However with your foot in it, you will get less. Most of the increased power is coming from the timing adjustment.

Reactions: 70 Bones

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ortiz Performance is by far the best! I have tunes from MPT, Ortiz and AMR. Ortiz has great power and great customer service. I have their Variable Octane tune and can run any octane level from 87-E85 without having to switch the tune.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Brent, I’ve never heard of them before.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a JLT cold air intake and nothing else besides straight piped. Im looking for the next cheaper performance mod to do other that something like a procharger id like to tune possibly.

What exactly can you get out of the tunes, What brand, is it worth it? I know its a v6 i don't care I want to do my own thing with it i just real advice on tunes. Or any other performance mods for the 3.7L 2014 mustang.

Thank you in advance.
A tune will give you the best bang for the buck especially if you have an automatic but a change from the stock 2.73 rear end ratio will do wonders too. I also recommend MPT for tunes they rock for Cyclones. Their tunes turned my stang into a real beast. I also have ported intake manifolds to install this winter. They are good for 20 to 25 HP. I cannot wait.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I strongly suggest Ortiz Performance, especially for an automatic!! MPT PRX transmission tune shifts rough ALL the time, even when not driving aggressively and get kinda old. Ortiz shifts smoothly when not driving aggressively but get on it and the fangs come out!! Plus MPT is now more expensive than Ortiz. MPT $300 Ortiz $250.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package
794 Posts
I've had my MPT Tune since 2014, a year after I bought my ride. The tune is outstanding and still is, although I'm always interested in other tune companies. Can you point me to the Ortiz company so I can check them out?
Thanks in advance👍

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've had my MPT Tune since 2014, a year after I bought my ride. The tune is outstanding and still is, although I'm always interested in other tune companies. Can you point me to the Ortiz company so I can check them out?
Thanks in advance👍
10-14 Mustang V6

Reactions: MustangDawg

·
Registered
2013 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package
794 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I strongly suggest Ortiz Performance, especially for an automatic!! MPT PRX transmission tune shifts rough ALL the time, even when not driving aggressively and get kinda old. Ortiz shifts smoothly when not driving aggressively but get on it and the fangs come out!! Plus MPT is now more expensive than Ortiz. MPT $300 Ortiz $250.
I don't want to rain on your parade but a 93 octane tune will cost $350 from Ortiz according to their site. That is $50 more then MPT. Since most of the added power in a tune comes from pulling advancing the timing, and that requires higher octane fuel I doubt their base $250 tune can match MPT's on a Cyclone.

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Wow, prices sure have increased. My MPT Coyote tune was only $99

Reactions: iguanaman3
1 - 16 of 16 Posts