Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently when it was cold out, like 40 degrees the car wouldn’t turn over or start. The dash lights were flashing TC, ABS, etc. in addition i had this pop up - Check charge - even though the battery was at 12v and is new, Service Advanced track, and miles to E fuel level low, even though there was a half tank of gas.

After moving the shift forward and backward several times, the car started fine and was ok. So i think the problem is with the nuteral safety switch. My question is where is it located? Usually it is located on the side of the transmission
but nothing there except the cable. Is it possible it could be in the shift lever housing. I read some posts that say it is inside the transmission but i doubt that because it doesn’t appear to be sealed and looks a little large to fit inside. Anyway any help would be appreciated in locating it. Here is a link to a picture of it. https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...es/motorcraft/items/sw6253-4.jpg&action=click

· Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang Club of America, Performance Package V6
1,499 Posts
Next time it does it look at the shifter and see if the P is Orange.
I think the Neutral safety switch is built into the lead frame or in the range selector but not certain.
I do know that if the gear light is not lit on the range selector it is not starting on the F150

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the problem. It turned out to be the PCM relay that caused the problem. How i found it was i pulled the relay and turned the key to the in position. All three codes came up when i did this. Replaced the relay and everything working great. Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts