Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just racking my brain as to should I wait for the 2015 or just get the 2014. Or as my girl says order the 2014 at the last minute so if I dont like the 2015 I will be good. But there are only rumers as to it will be at the 2014 detroit autoshow or in april 2014 at the New york auto show. Anybody with more info?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I agree just wait. I went with the 14 bc I like that body style to much and from what I saw I didn't like it much. Although, there is rally no hard evidence of what It will truly look like so just wait it out.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
If anything it might be that 1st pic since they are going for a more modern look and discontinuing the retro styling. Definetly not the last pic, that looks like a V6 model with GT500 fogs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just wait and see what the 2015 looks like. If the 15 is really going to have that Euro look, I think I'd rather have the 2014, but that's my personal feelings.

·
Registered
285 Posts
From what I've seen and heard it will most likely look like this it's a little European but it's good to stray away from the classic muscle it's a new millennium and boxy is out

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
206 Posts
That 3rd pic is beautiful, but the 1st one looks like the most likely choice ford will do. I say wait too though. U don't want to buy a '14 and then fall in love with the '15

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I think they will be drastically different from what I've read. I like the '14 very much. We shall see though. As it gets close to the '15 release, maybe prices will drop for some specialized '14's.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm not a fan of the euro look , I think I'll keep my 05 , it seems ford is moving away from the muscle car in favor of euro/asian import look. )=

·
Registered
150 Posts
From what I've seen and heard it will most likely look like this it's a little European but it's good to stray away from the classic muscle it's a new millennium and boxy is out
If boxy is out then count me out on the '15. The classic look is what sucked me into liking the Mustang again. It looks exactly how a muscle car should!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
If boxy is out then count me out on the '15. The classic look is what sucked me into liking the Mustang again. It looks exactly how a muscle car should!
What I'm reading here is that the mustang should always look like the 65 and that's it? If the looks never change then how is the mustang supposed to stay alive?

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,055 Posts
There's more than style to be weighed here, of course.

How much does IRS matter to you?

How 'bout the likely power jump?

On the flip side of what was said earlier, knowing thyself is important. I saw the '13 and knew I had to jump on a '12, despite liking some of the improvements to the '13 package. You don't want to fall out of love with the '15 and find no '14s left in your area.

·
Registered
771 Posts
What I'm reading here is that the mustang should always look like the 65 and that's it? If the looks never change then how is the mustang supposed to stay alive?
I guess change is inevitable in order for the mustang to keep running , but it doesn't mean we have to like it or at least me lol... to each his own.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don't forget the weight savings. Even with the same engine (though direct inject is likely), shaving off 300+ lbs is a big deal, along with irs. At one of the auto shows a ford exec said they expect Chevy to go on a diet and they are going to make sure the mustang follows suit. Aluminum (more) body panels or even magnesium is a strong possibility

1 - 20 of 43 Posts