Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

2014 GT Premium with Brembos and around 12k miles, BAMA tuned back in October 2015. No other electronic mods or issues until today. Started her up and after 5 or 10 seconds got all sorts of warnings on the cluster, the AC/nav unit turned off, no turn signals on dash (though they are working externally but flashing fast), TPMS warning light on and e-brake light on. No CEL though and car drives fine...:blink:

It was a very hot and humid day - don't know if condensation could be the issue? Other than that, I'm stumped.

Anyone any ideas? I don't want to just disconnect the battery and hope that all is good. (Battery is reading 14.5volts so I don't think it's the issue).

Thanks,

Davy

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well it does sound like low voltage regardless of battery. I'd check all the connections and make sure it's not a poor ground.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
What is the static voltage of the battery engine off? Load test it as well. (DVOM on the battery, crank the car over and see what it drops to under startup).

It sound like the IPC lost communication with the car temporarily. If you have tech, you can drop codes throught that, just press radio buttons 3 and 6 simultaneously, until the system enters bezel diagnostics, and follow the prompts to "read dtcs".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Traveling for work at the moment but will throw a multimeter on it when I get home.

5LHO - what is the 'tech' you're referring to?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Nav and tech. You'll have the big screen in the centre console.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I expect you'll see a code for "lost communication with IPC". That's the instrument panel cluster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cluster going crazy.

I got the same problem when my battery was on her way out. I would troubleshoot the battery first. Otherwise, humidity may have gotten in there somehow, but I doubt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts