Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at upgrading my front 6x8s to the Shelby GT Kickers. However, on the website it only lists the years up to 2012. Will these work in the 2014s? If not, is there a fix or a suitable replacement speaker with the current Shaker HU? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They will work, but you'll either need to order a pair of the door speaker adapters from the dealership, or remove the factory speakers from their brackets and modify them to accept the new 6X8 speakers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea how to find those adapters? I have been looking, but coming up short.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replacement speakers that is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love my infinities but speakers are a very personal choice. I thinnk I am going to change the rears now as they sound absolutely horrible by comparison. I know 90% of the people on forums say not to bother with the rears but it can only make it better. Eventually i will likely add a small amp...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love my infinities but speakers are a very personal choice. I thinnk I am going to change the rears now as they sound absolutely horrible by comparison. I know 90% of the people on forums say not to bother with the rears but it can only make it better. Eventually i will likely add a small amp...
Wow, I just seen a pic of the front speakers in the '13, assuming they are the same in the '14, and they are bad. What is the actual speaker, a 4.5"?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went with JL C2 570 speakers in my doors and rear deck. In addition, I ran new speaker wire, added a JL 400/4 amp for the door/rear deck speakers, a JL 300/1 mono sub amp for the factory rear subs and an AudioControl DQDX sound processor. I left the door subs alone and kept them on the factory amp. The stereo sounds really good now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will you gain anything sound wise by just changing the door speaker? The factory speakers are weak. But does the factory Shaker head unit put out enough power to handle a after market speaker?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Will you gain anything sound wise by just changing the door speaker? The factory speakers are weak. But does the factory Shaker head unit put out enough power to handle a after market speaker?
That's all I changed (so far) and it made a big difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the Infinity 6823cf's and the spacers for the doors. Should have them by tomorrow. I can't wait to get them installed and see how they sound.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went the modification route after having all of my equipment ready and taking the door panels off. Highly suggest ordering the brackets. Otherwise check out my post. Added a couple hours of unnecessary work.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f169/t349822/

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I went the modification route after having all of my equipment ready and taking the door panels off. Highly suggest ordering the brackets. Otherwise check out my post. Added a couple hours of unnecessary work.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f169/t349822/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where would one find the correct brackets for this job? I would rather go that route then to cut up the factory unit. In case I ever decide to change back for future trade in or sales.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where would one find the correct brackets for this job? I would rather go that route then to cut up the factory unit. In case I ever decide to change back for future trade in or sales.

I bought these from Ford:

Spacer
Part #: 4R3Z18B947AA

Spacer
Part #: 4R3Z18B947BA

Everyone that I have talked to about this job, says these are the mounts you need to mount aftermarket speakers. I pick mine up tomorrow and will install them this weekend. I will let you know if it works.

Also you have to order one of each as one is for left side and one for right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New door speakers installed!

Here are the new Infinity Reference 6832cf speakers installed finally. I have been listening to the old speakers for almost a month and with these installed I can tell you that these blow the OEM speakers out of the water. These speakers work great with the Shaker 500 system.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are the new Infinity Reference 6832cf speakers installed finally. I have been listening to the old speakers for almost a month and with these installed I can tell you that these blow the OEM speakers out of the water. These speakers work great with the Shaker 500 system.
By the way, the Ford spacers I mentioned above are a perfect match to the door. This is a little funny because my Ford dealer had my order on hold because the computer said they did't fit my car. Trust me, they worked perfectly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts