Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to this forum. sorry if i posted this wrong. so i have a 2014 3.7 v6 mustang about 120,000 miles on it and yesterday day i started hearing this weird rattling noise coming from the engine bay.i put the car on a jack and the noise seems to be coming from the drivers side somewhere near the transmission. i drove the car for a bit and it seems to go away when i pick up speed,and other thing that i noticed while i was driving the car is that when i completely floored the gas the car accelerates very slowly compared to how it used too. also the exhaust doesn't sound the same when i press on the gas. today i drove my car to work and the rattling sound went away, but everything else is still there. any idea on what could be wrong?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check the cat on the drivers side. I think you can tap it with a wrench or hammer. You may can hit it with the palm of your hand (cat cold of course!!!!). My dad’s 16 F150 Ecoboost rattles as well but no power lose. I’m going to do that test on it when we change the oil this week.

Have you checked for codes? I wouldn’t floor it again until you get it fixed. If you need to drive it then granny it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts