Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on exhaust axle back or cat back replacement to get a better sound out the EcoBoost. Anyone changed it out and what's your thoughts? I'm considering the flow master but I'm not sure it's driving the results I'm looking for. I don't want it to sound like a ricer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been looking around but nothing really grabs my attention. I think imma just go with a off rode down pipe with a qtp cut out right after it and just leave my stock catback on..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
38 Posts
I heard the flowmasters today at a show. I'll just say stay away

14 sterling grey 3.7. mpt,3.73,steeda cai,mac shorties,mac axleback,sve springs & lca,j&m panhard,gt350 window covers,rear louver,hurst pistol grip,35% tint. Future lakewood strut&shocks,vortech v3,1 piece ds,adj upr ca

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Cj pony parts has a good review of the MagnaFlow street cat back on the ecoboost sounds dam good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
17 Posts
Everything I've heard sound like Oprah farts...i'll wait til someone makes a system that doesn't sound so rice also...

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Problem with a four cylinder

They just don't have a good sounds at all no matter what you put on it. It is just the way the engine sounds.( All Four Cylinders) and not just Mustangs.
If I was to buy an ecoboost Mustang I would just get a system that you know will give you better performance like a Magnflow setup would.

It's really not much different then us that love our 3.7 V6 engines, They will never sound as good as a V8 but with a set of Magnaflow streets or Borla touring they have an acceptable sound that is better then stock but still not a V8.

Just remember that if you get Loud Mufflers your car will sound like a civic with a fart box.

You really have to go to a show like the all mustang show in Pa the 15th. and find someone that has changed the mufflers on a Mustang Four to hear them and decide what you like
Ronnie

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Wow, That sounds pretty good for a four

A little on the expensive side but you don't buy stuff like this but once. Being Stainless steel they should last you for the life of the car.
Get the highest flowing cats or you will probably wish you did. I don't think they are going to add much weight at all and flow almost as good as no cats. Losing almost 21 pounds and picking up almost 19 Horsepower with a stock tune is fantastic.
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I would wait a little bit longer and see if anybody can get a better sound out of the ecoboost, everything ive heard just sounds like a mini cooper

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could always upgrade to a offroad down pipe and switch out the mid pipe leave stock mufflers. Cost more but you'll get some gains

14 sterling grey 3.7. mpt,3.73,steeda cai,mac shorties,mac axleback,sve springs & lca,j&m panhard,gt350 window covers,rear louver,hurst pistol grip,35% tint. Future lakewood strut&shocks,vortech v3,1 piece ds,adj upr ca

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recently just heard a eb with a off rode downpipe and straight pipe all the way back to 4-5in tips. It sounded amazing... really deep and it was back firing.. doesn't sound like a rice fart can exhaust. I'm just sticking with my future setup tho.. hope this helps

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Looking for suggestions on exhaust axle back or cat back replacement to get a better sound out the EcoBoost. Anyone changed it out and what's your thoughts? I'm considering the flow master but I'm not sure it's driving the results I'm looking for. I don't want it to sound like a ricer.
Sir, Respectfully the ecoboost exhaustx sounds like crap. It sounds like a weed wacker and changing the exhaust system just makes it sound like a louder weed wacker. It just sounds like a$$.

The 4 banger provides great performance but for the love of god, just leave the exahust alone. Nobody wants to hear that 4 banger weed wacker buzzing. ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I recently just heard a eb with a off rode downpipe and straight pipe all the way back to 4-5in tips. It sounded amazing... really deep and it was back firing.. doesn't sound like a rice fart can exhaust. I'm just sticking with my future setup tho.. hope this helps

Is there a video of this on youtube? All i can find is muffler and resignator deletes

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
We put a MRT turbo back system on one and it was a lot better than what I was excepting. Strong turbo spool and nice deep sound at idle.

Pick your poison.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts