Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having their handbrake go up just a lil but when driving that it makes a red warning at you. If so how have you fixed it?

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
No issue here, I'd take it to the dealer as well I'm sure it's a quick fix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
w/o insulting are you sure you're not hitting it with your arm/elbow/other body parts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also have the pp. mine feels like the boot is to tight. It pulls up just a little bit and never fully sits down unless you push on it. I'll prob have FORD take a look at it tomorrow while my work truck is being serviced at Chevy

Yes it's fast, no you can't drive it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
2015 GT handbrake

Is anyone else having their handbrake go up just a lil but when driving that it makes a red warning at you. If so how have you fixed it?
I felt that the hand brake on my 2015 GT didn't go up far enough either, but I usually get it up a couple clicks. Haven't experienced any "red warning" though. Not much help, huh?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah it feels like that at all time. Seems there's just a little pressure that makes it go up a little. I just have to give it a push down and light doesn't come on. Definitely same thing you're describing. I have base model. It doesn't bother me so I'm not wasting a trip to the dealer. I try to avoid going to dealers at all cost honestly.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Yea even in my '10 my knee will occasionally rub against the e-brake lever just enough to raise it to where the red light and audible alert sound. Simple just push it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had enough with the e break in my gt pp when it engaged after hiting a pot hole. I'm at my dealer and it would seem this is a growing issue and they know how to fix it. I'll update with the fix after I get it back. I wonder if it's going to lead to a recall?

·
Registered
60 Posts
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439838901.754526.jpg

So it's all fixed. I included the receipt for all that wonder the technical explanation. In a nutshell they took apart the console and adjusted the cable. Apparently the ratchet was too tight and cause the cable to bind? All I know is the cable is super tight and I can't pull the break nearly as far as before. And it locks the tires stiff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I press it down it comes up a tiny bit, annoying but no light comes on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts