Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be traveling up and down the East coast this Summer. My old Garmen has had several map update over the past year and my car's NAV doesn't even show some of the newer roads in the next state.

Where do we go to get new update either by a download or a new updated sd?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Ford has updates..........but they charge something like $200+ for them........ridiculous for them to charge that much when you pay what we do for their cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NAV updates-u have got to be kidding

$200 for updates. You spend $45k on the 15 GT PP car and this is how FORD treats you?

So you are telling me Ive got to take out the GARMEN to find my way. You shhould be ashames, FORD.

???

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I got free lifetime updates on my Garmin many years ago, and keep it updated for just this reason.
It's old, but it still works just fine. If you have a smart phone -- nav on those works well too. Go to Mapquest, and it will give you turn by turn directions (if you forget your Garmin......).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct BUT... Shame on FORD

Yup I have a Garmen with Lifetime and iPhone and iPad and all have the map service BUT that is not the point.

FORD seems to miss the point when you purchase a car and want to keep it up to date you should not have to carry extra equipment to do a job the car is equipped to do. If your $200 charge for updates is correct and it was for the life of the car I could understand but $200 each yea or more. Shame On FORD

TOO BAD FORD DOES NOT LISTEN TO THE CONSUMERS WHO HELPED FORD HAVE ITS BEST YEAR YET.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts