Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 GT with 12,100 miles

Tonight while turning onto an on ramp, I unknowingly pulled into traffic (thought I was in the far right lane out of the way of any oncoming traffic.) naturally I flawed it in first gear. I crept just barely into the redline, and then immediately went to pull back into 2nd gear. Vehicle wouldn't go into second gear so i thought I missed the opening and tried again. After 2 maybe 3 efforts it wouldn't go in, and had to pull onto the shoulder. Shut the car off and started it again, still not able to shift into any gear with the clutch all the way to the floor (clutch had about 50% tension, from the way it usually feels.) Shut the car off put it in gear and started it, to see if it would jump forward. It did, and after that I had no tension behind clutch, and now I have to physically pull the clutch back up to the top. Car will shift through all gears when vehicle is turned off. This suggests a hydraulic problem to me, I suppose master cylinder or slave cylinder. After searching high and low I can't seem to find anybody or any posts that seem to have anything to do with S550's and clutch problems.

Car has been towed to nearest Ford dealership, fortunately my Tacoma was parked 3 miles from the dealership at my Toyota dealership, and was able to get the tow truck to give me a ride to my Tacoma. Finding conflicting information on what is and isn't covered by warranty, and if so how long. I bought the car from my Toyota dealership a week ago today... Currently not feeling to great about my purchase.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
First, you posted this in the wrong section.

2nd, the 15-17 Mustangs with manual transmissions have nothing but clutch/transmission problems. You just didn't look hard enough. Clutch is a wear item and not usually covered under warranty. Especially a used car.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
First, you posted this in the wrong section.

2nd, the 15-17 Mustangs with manual transmissions have nothing but clutch/transmission problems. You just didn't look hard enough. Clutch is a wear item and not usually covered under warranty. Especially a used car.
Isn't it the same MT 82 that's in the 11-14?
Other than notchyness they arent bad at all.
A $100 shifter bracket and a fluid change to Amsoil, Red line or RP fixes just about any slop and notchyness.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where was I supposed to post this to? I had a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to post from my phone and wasn't 100% positive where I was posting when I finally figured out how to post.

Any threads in particular that I should be looking at?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Your in the 11-14 section, it should have been in the 15+ section.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 GT with 12,100 miles

Tonight while turning onto an on ramp, I unknowingly pulled into traffic (thought I was in the far right lane out of the way of any oncoming traffic.) naturally I flawed it in first gear. I crept just barely into the redline, and then immediately went to pull back into 2nd gear. Vehicle wouldn't go into second gear so i thought I missed the opening and tried again. After 2 maybe 3 efforts it wouldn't go in, and had to pull onto the shoulder. Shut the car off and started it again, still not able to shift into any gear with the clutch all the way to the floor (clutch had about 50% tension, from the way it usually feels.) Shut the car off put it in gear and started it, to see if it would jump forward. It did, and after that I had no tension behind clutch, and now I have to physically pull the clutch back up to the top. Car will shift through all gears when vehicle is turned off. This suggests a hydraulic problem to me, I suppose master cylinder or slave cylinder. After searching high and low I can't seem to find anybody or any posts that seem to have anything to do with S550's and clutch problems.

Car has been towed to nearest Ford dealership, fortunately my Tacoma was parked 3 miles from the dealership at my Toyota dealership, and was able to get the tow truck to give me a ride to my Tacoma. Finding conflicting information on what is and isn't covered by warranty, and if so how long. I bought the car from my Toyota dealership a week ago today... Currently not feeling to great about my purchase.
What ended up being the issue this exact thing just happened to me 2015 GT manual?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts