Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It happened... Camaro 1LE vs Mustang GT PP.

On the Streets of Willow race track, the Mustang GT PP managed a 1:24.32, the Camaro 1LE pulled a victory with a 1:22.81.

Basically, the Camaro is a better drivers car and more fun to drive, despite being an older model with a bad interior, poor visibility and a 10 hp and 80 pound handicap. The Mustang is the nicer car. There really isn't much good that is said about the Mustang towards the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Chevy rules again. We had 11-14 fun why it lasted.
There is a reason why chevy has been on top since day 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
653 Posts
Considering it's Motor Trend, they rarely say something good about the mustang, these guys are plain biased.

Unfortunately, like Rapinator said, Chevy was on top since day 1, Ford has some work to do. Let's see what changes come next year.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Yeah it's a brand new chassis, it'll take a year or two to get it tweaked just right. 2010 camaro sucked with it's first year on their new IRS

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I would like to see ford keep up top, but I have a feeling chevy is going to take the crown again especially with the new Camaro coming out

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I think ford will definitely be contending as the newer models and refreshes come about. Keep in mind guys we don't even have a halo car yet

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I think ford will definitely be contending as the newer models and refreshes come about. Keep in mind guys we don't even have a halo car yet

If Ford wants to stay competitive, they will need to up the displacement. A 5.0 is a small V8.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Considering it's Motor Trend, they rarely say something good about the mustang, these guys are plain biased.

Unfortunately, like Rapinator said, Chevy was on top since day 1, Ford has some work to do. Let's see what changes come next year.
Considering every magazine and website that has tested both cars all come to the same conclusion, I wouldn't call that biased.

The 1LE puts down better handling numbers and is 99% as fast as the new Mustang in a straight line. Also, the 1LE beat the Boss and 13/14 GT500 around the vast majority of racetracks.

Yeah it's a brand new chassis, it'll take a year or two to get it tweaked just right. 2010 camaro sucked with it's first year on their new IRS
The 5th gen Camaro has performed roughly the same from the day it hit the streets. The 2010 managed 0 - 60 in 4.8, 1/4 in 13.0 @ 111, pulled .92G and 60 - 0 in 107 feet. Add the 1LE package and it gets that much better without adding any power.

You have to remember, the Camaro was built on the Zeta platform. That is the same platform that most of the Holden performance cars have used since 2006. The Australians have had this platform dialed in. GM used their knowledge on those cars and simply made it work on the Camaro.

Ford simply released an underperforming car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The new Stang was targeted as a world car where people care less about track times. The camaro will never sell well overseas. I think I'll keep my 2013 and just make it into MY perfect car. You spend 5k on a 2 year old GT and it will smoke these 2 cars at the track

·
Registered
646 Posts
The new Stang was targeted as a world car where people care less about track times. The camaro will never sell well overseas. I think I'll keep my 2013 and just make it into MY perfect car. You spend 5k on a 2 year old GT and it will smoke these 2 cars at the track

Why would the mustang sell well overseas? Idk how big Transformers is overseas but if its as big as it is here, Chevy could sell...but do they need to?...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

From everything I've seen the rest of the world cares about track performance while the US still has a lot of emphasis on straight line. And lets not start the "You can add X dollars to a cheaper car and win". In that case you can buy a LS1 F body and put 5 grand into it and still be cheaper overall and faster then a 13 mustang with 5 k invested into it lol. Point that going back and forth never gets anywhere and this is a comparison on 2 NEW cars.

·
Registered
145 Posts
From everything I've seen the rest of the world cares about track performance while the US still has a lot of emphasis on straight line. And lets not start the "You can add X dollars to a cheaper car and win". In that case you can buy a LS1 F body and put 5 grand into it and still be cheaper overall and faster then a 13 mustang with 5 k invested into it lol. Point that going back and forth never gets anywhere and this is a comparison on 2 NEW cars.

How in the world do you know what ford is striving for here? Are you on their marketing development team? They survived while GM is just another branch of the government. I could go into the logistics of why they softened/refined the car throughout but it would be pointless since you don't understand why they did it

·
Registered
145 Posts
I also wouldn't take motor trends word for anything since they obviously dislike mustangs no matter how good the car is. I guarantee this new mustang will be on multiple award lists and will win most comparison test with the Camaro. I wouldn't take one video and give it the wait of GOD because they like the Camaro better. It's ridiculous and you people should be smarter than that.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I also wouldn't take motor trends word for anything since they obviously dislike mustangs no matter how good the car is. I guarantee this new mustang will be on multiple award lists and will win most comparison test with the Camaro. I wouldn't take one video and give it the wait of GOD because they like the Camaro better. It's ridiculous and you people should be smarter than that.

Yes but ford failed with the 15 and I guarantee you the new Camaro will beat the 15+ 5.0's, and wear the crown yet again. We had 11-14, **** even, The 03 cobra got stomped by the ls1 Fbody back then. Am.im talking real world, not stats

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes but ford failed with the 15 and I guarantee you the new Camaro will beat the 15+ 5.0's, and wear the crown yet again. We had 11-14, **** even, The 03 cobra got stomped by the ls1 Fbody back then. Am.im talking real world, not stats

Ford failed? No offense but that's a real stupid comment. The car hasn't even hit the dealerships yet. I am not a fan of the 2015 but at least give it chance.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Ford failed? No offense but that's a real stupid comment. The car hasn't even hit the dealerships yet. I am not a fan of the 2015 but at least give it chance.

Then why have people been able to buy them. They are at dealerships.

·
Registered
145 Posts

You have numerous comments stating how much better the Camaro is compared to the mustang. Why don't you just buy a Camaro? Not trying to be a jerk but just curious why you haven't pulled the trigger yet on a Camaro if you think it's so much better

·
Registered
9,586 Posts

They have been at the dealerships and out on the road, ay least down south. Not sure where you are located but out here they are around. **** even little ass towns such as Victoria tx had a few at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
How in the world do you know what ford is striving for here? Are you on their marketing development team? They survived while GM is just another branch of the government. I could go into the logistics of why they softened/refined the car throughout but it would be pointless since you don't understand why they did it

I wasn't referring to ford but the world market. You said they wanted to cater to the world market. Well the rest of the world cares more about overall track performance opposed to straight line performance. Drag racing is big in the US but not so much the rest of the world.

And seriously this is strictly performance not politics or about the bailout. I love my mustang but facts are facts do a comparison year by year and the Camaro outperforms the Mustang more then not. Now if you get into sales numbers and other factors ford does better but going off of strictly performance GM has usually been ahead.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts