Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
You have numerous comments stating how much better the Camaro is compared to the mustang. Why don't you just buy a Camaro? Not trying to be a jerk but just curious why you haven't pulled the trigger yet on a Camaro if you think it's so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I would but I have over $20,000 in stuff done to my coyote,

And I just state the truth, chevy has been on top since day 1. Besides 11-14

and I have always liked mustangs that's why I have had them
I have had a 02 gt
03 cobra
08 gt supercharged
And my 12 5.0

Also our 1400 hp fox body has a Chevy motor in it, so that should tell you something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wasn't referring to ford but the world market. You said they wanted to cater to the world market. Well the rest of the world cares more about overall track performance opposed to straight line performance. Drag racing is big in the US but not so much the rest of the world.

And seriously this is strictly performance not politics or about the bailout. I love my mustang but facts are facts do a comparison year by year and the Camaro outperforms the Mustang more then not. Now if you get into sales numbers and other factors ford does better but going off of strictly performance GM has usually been ahead.

I wasn't talking about drag racing. Would you agree the Camaro is a better track car than most audis and bmws in its price range? I would and they sell a heck of a lot better than any Chevy overseas. The new mustang is a nicer car than the Camaro regardless of how well the Camaro handles. It's a nicer cabin and is more refined but it may not be the track car the Camaro is. The new mustang is trying to be a bmw while the Camaro is trying to be a corvette alternative

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Chevy puts more tech into the cars. If you compare the suspension of the Mustang to the Camaro the Mustang is actually pretty primitive. The magnetic ride control Chevy has is pretty nice.

Based on the Mustangs primitive suspension it actually keeps up fairly well. I think if Ford out something like the magnetic ride suspension in Mustangs it will be on top. As for power, it needs more displacement.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
* also I'm not a "mustang nutswinger" mustang owners are the worse at this also, not sure why but they are. Idc what it is if it's fast I like it, and let's face it mustang has been considered fast untill the coyotes hit the streets. It was the first time the LS guys were like " **** "

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
* also I'm not a "mustang nutswinger" mustang owners are the worse at this also, not sure why but they are. Idc what it is if it's fast I like it, and let's face it mustang not has been considered fast untill the coyotes hit the streets. It was the first time the LS guys were like " **** "

I've noticed this too. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wasn't talking about drag racing. Would you agree the Camaro is a better track car than most audis and bmws in its price range? I would and they sell a heck of a lot better than any Chevy overseas.

Audi and BMW are from Germany/overseas. Lol youre cracking me up bruh.

·
Registered
646 Posts
And? The focus is one of the best selling cars in Europe. What's your point? Last I checked it was made by Ford. No?

They sell better cause they are from Europe. That was the point. Dont expect cars to do better than/the same as cars at home. I think it wouldve been better not to continue this but I was like oh whale.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How I see it is that Ford lied to the Mustang fan base and general car enthusiasts. They initially claimed the '15 would be lighter than the S197 by several hundred pounds and the GT would definitely out perform the Boss and that the current Camaro was never a benchmark because the '14's were better...

Breaking News: The 2015 Mustang to Lose Weight, Improve MPG | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

Ford PR: 2015 Mustang, Best Handling Ever, PP Consistently Beat Boss 302 at the Track | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site - Ford PR: 2015 Mustang, Best Handling Ever, PP Consistently Beat Boss 302 at the Track

Pericak on How Much Faster 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package is than Boss 302 | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site - Pericak on How Much Faster 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package is than Boss 302

Then the speculation came, Steeda, I believe was the first to mention that the new car weighed more than the '14, nobody believed that after Ford preached for years about how they were going to trim the fat and make a smaller more agile and efficient global car. Well, whomever released that information was correct. Ford finally after months of rumors flying around came out and said that, yes, the rumors were true and the car was heavier than originally planned. So instead of a 3200 - 3500 lbs car, we have a 3500 - 3900 lbs car.

Then they released the EB specs and the majority of people were caught off guard by how little the difference was between it and the 3.7L V6. Then numbers starting going around about how it runs the same speeds as the previous gen car with the less powerful V6, turns out, it's true.

Then the tests of the PP cars came and nobody understood why the new car put down basically the same or worse numbers as the previous cars did, what happened to the GT being better than the Boss?

Then this head to head, same track, same driver, both top spec'd V8's with the track packs, Camaro wins in the same fashion it always had, handling.

Look through the reviews of these cars from whomever you prefer, the Camaro puts down better lap times and handling numbers, while the Mustang usually beat the Camaro in a straight line by a tenth or two through the 1320.

If this is the best Ford has to offer, then yes, the next Camaro will certainly be winning every comparison against this new Mustang.

·
Registered
646 Posts
^almost 400lbs lighter, more hp and torque, about the same price, competing with Porsche and BMW. I was too ready for my new mustang. But after all these lies. Ill pass.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
* also I'm not a "mustang nutswinger" mustang owners are the worse at this also, not sure why but they are. Idc what it is if it's fast I like it, and let's face it mustang has been considered fast untill the coyotes hit the streets. It was the first time the LS guys were like " **** "
As an LS guy, I was actually worried the first time I ran a new 5.0. Until I raced a few, still not entirely sure why they are so popular.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Honestly, I don't give a **** if the camaro beat it by 2 seconds at the track or if the mustang wins by a tenth at the strip....I'm going to buy a mustang over the camaro everyday of the week simply because I love the mustang. I love it's styling, it's quality, what it stands for, it's heritage, everything about it.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
As an LS guy, I was actually worried the first time I ran a new 5.0. Until I raced a few, still not entirely sure why they are so popular.
Back when I was making 700 on the bottle, the only c6 z ' s I lost to were 650 and up.

They need work but once they have some $$ in them they are nasty on the street

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
But you are right, they have alot more hype then what they can put down. But they need work, stock nothing impressive, weak pistons, hit or miss manual trans, but definitely the

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
* most impressive mustang ford has put out to date.

But I'm more of a fan of vettes personally

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
All I need is a base c6, with the ls3

For some reason I got a burning desire to get a C7 and throw an LS7 in it... or an LSx 454

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
For some reason I got a burning desire to get a C7 and throw an LS7 in it... or an LSx 454
You can do that, only thing I do not like about the LS7 is its paper thin cylinder walls, you look at them wrong and they will Crack.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
That, and the Valve issues

21 - 40 of 112 Posts