Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have seriously considered building a 427 - 429 LS3. From what I have spec'd, if I built it, it would be around 520 whp and 500 wtq, then a 200 shot on top of it. All on 93 octane.

Just can't bring myself to spend that kinda cash on an engine for a car I hardly drive.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
All I need is a base c6, with the ls3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I'd go with the C7. Probably a grand sport model. So it has the complete suspension of the Z06, but it'll let me build the motor for what I want out of it..... Since I would track it, not drag it.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I'd go with the C7. Probably a grand sport model. So it has the complete suspension of the Z06, but it'll let me build the motor for what I want out of it..... Since I would track it, not drag it.

Or, C7 Z06 and check the build engine option (;

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I hope they make a GS model.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Or, C7 Z06 and check the build engine option (;

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I hope they make a GS model.

I would pick the GS model that way it basically doesn't come with the supercharger. Can pick my own power adder of choice.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I would pick the GS model that way it basically doesn't come with the supercharger. Can pick my own power adder of choice.

Twin turbo it...

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
LS motors love heads/ big cam and the bottle

I know about the heads and cams. Didn't know about the bottle. I was referring to FI.

Yeah, for NA, cam, heads, cai, and tune= monster.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I know about the heads and cams. Didn't know about the bottle. I was referring to FI.

Yeah, for NA, cam, heads, cai, and tune= monster.
I know you were, I just had to throw that in there.

The beauty about the LS cars is you do not need a separate tune for nitrous, all you need is a MSD timing twister.

They have the vampire box for the modular motors due to there coil packs. But I never got around to trying it

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Shoot. Well, I've already decide my next car will have an LS or the LT in it...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is this truly a fair comparison? 1LE is a purpose built car isn't it? When the real race track Mustang is out I'd like to see that.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Is this truly a fair comparison? 1LE is a purpose built car isn't it? When the real race track Mustang is out I'd like to see that.

1LE is a performance package you can add similar to the track package. I think your thinking about the Z28 which is basically a track car that GM sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The 1LE is the equivalent of the GT with the performance package. It is a fair comparison.

Whenever the next Mustang track car (Boss equivalent) comes out, I'm positive the current Z/28 (Camaro track car) will dominate it.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
The 1LE is the equivalent of the GT with the performance package. It is a fair comparison.

Whenever the next Mustang track car (Boss equivalent) comes out, I'm positive the current Z/28 (Camaro track car) will dominate it.
The GT350?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

That's pretty ignorant man....you have zero idea what ford might put out there. Nobody knows

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts

It better have a $70k+ price tag then

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
That's pretty ignorant man....you have zero idea what ford might put out there. Nobody knows
It's not ignorant when Ford themselves have said that they will not produce a track focused car to challenge the Z/28.

Hell, they claimed the new GT with the PP was seconds faster than the old Boss and it's not even close.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
It's not ignorant when Ford themselves have said that they will not produce a track focused car to challenge the Z/28.

Hell, they claimed the new GT with the PP was seconds faster than the old Boss and it's not even close.

And the GT350 would be what then?? Glad you've had first hand interviews and know exactly what's in the works and what ford said

·
Registered
145 Posts
And the GT350 would be what then?? Glad you've had first hand interviews and know exactly what's in the works and what ford said

That's exactly what I thought. No one can possibly know what the new Boss or GT 350 will perform like.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Waynes World

Chevy played it safe by staying with a less expensive cam in block design and cubic inches, always win? Ford has never been scared to develop and change engine design, now they are producing small very powerful engines that deliver more power per cubic inch. That being said why not kick Chevy's ass by playing their own game, imagine a 427 ci. Coyote track pack with serious gearing?

41 - 60 of 112 Posts